arno birts plans im working on

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you like that Chris? I made it for ease in rigging and setting up. I bet it fills up fast though....

Just curious you started this in august have you ever finished your boat? As you can see I gave you props on this build. Is that the "SPEWING" you keep going on about?

Hugh

Last edited:
Alright, been a while since I worked on this. But got it all skinned and sealed. Working on fitting the cowling now. Ended up using a PTSS21 cowl, and it fits the curvature of the boat pretty close. Little more work needed on the cowl, and I still have to make an under nose block that is more formed to fitting the belly pan of the boat. Then I will shape the nose block to fit abit better, and should be ready to rig it. Anyhow, here are a few pictures.

gallery_2864_1267_353641.jpg

gallery_2864_1267_180077.jpg

gallery_2864_1267_379049.jpg

gallery_2864_1267_20340.jpg

gallery_2864_1267_308211.jpg

gallery_2864_1267_343759.jpg

gallery_2864_1267_194504.jpg

gallery_2864_1267_192930.jpg

gallery_2864_1267_166009.jpg

She looks great Rodney! I have been wondering how you were progressing with the hull. The cowl really suits the boat.

Marty, there is plenty more where those came from my friend ;) But they work better for weighting things down, when they are full. :)

Kevin, I lost motivation in it for a little while. Im really bad when something doesnt turn out exactly perfect, and there was a couple small issues that I didnt like, so sat it off to the side for a while. But decided to finish it up. It actually has turned out better then I expected thus far. Now just get the cowling fitted to the boat. Thats going to require quite abit of sanding. i hate sanding.

I have built several of these boats over the years and had great success with them. Just make sure you keep all of the sponson bottoms true and sharp along with the correct angle of attack, if not they can be a bit touchy to launch.

Shawn Warren

Team Toothpick Racing

Namba District 8

Shawn, everything on any ride surface is built to the plans that I got from Mike Hughes (he made a few changes, and thats what I used). Excited to see how she goes this coming spring!

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you made any progress Rodney? How long is this hull? Im not being sarcastic when I say You have a very clean build going on here. B)

Last edited:
im working on the cowl still. Been building a couple tunnels on the weekends, so its slow going. hull is 30 inches long.

nope. not really. Been busy with life lately. Remodeling bathrooms, etc. I will get back on it here in the next few weeks. Dont have too long and it will time to go run boats!

I posted a picture of it in another thread. nearly complete. I have a custom tank to order from Walt and its ready to rock. Ill post pictures here as well in a minute.

Back