arno birts plans im working on

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, how do you like that motor? Tell me a little about it. Admittedly; I know knowthing about them.What is a "go" motor who makes it? What does it cost?

You sure do talk a lot of trash about them for knowing nothing. Its basically a copy of the Novarossi 5 and 7 port motors. Made in Taiwan. They run about 185.00 through Mark Leyde who is the US distributor.

They are all I run for .21 motors. They are very strong running engines. I have yet to have any problems with them. Been running them for a couple years now.

They will run right with 90% of the novarossi's out there.

One with a little work by me was pushing my heavy PT SS21 to an honest 56mph in heat race trim (read stuck to the water, not loose and all aired out on the ragged edge). not bad at all...

Im hoping for more then that out of this new boat.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree these engines are a real bang for the buck.I have a .25 pro now and it has some mods done to it mostly exaust done by massive mods cant find the parer work on it tho so cant tell you the #is been run on 65 % and looks brand new .I have ran a few of the .18 as well and those ran very well to .When i do another sport 20 it will have a go 21 .modded of coarse.But i thinck ill run the nova carb on it .

Maby he's lonly and needs some key board convesation lol. ;)

told ya

you should have shown me how to make a movie of you running your toy boat ugly toy boat

paint the next one a real PRETTY collor not the proto

got to say when it HIT i will bet ol Rods pucker factor went WAAAAAAY UP :eek: :eek: ;)

Mr. Pierce, I have been watching this build from the start and I have to say I am very impressed with the quality and design of your boat!

Couple of questions...

Where did your CG end up with fuel tanks installed?

Who makes the rudder and strut? -- Those are nice looking pieces!

Does the design call for the strut to go thru the bottom or is that a rule for a racing class?

Thanks,

Scott

Last edited:
Scott, first off, thank you! But I can take no credit for the design of the boat overall, or the ride surface details. I just changed the innards :) Mike Hughes and Arno Birts did the rest.

The CG currently is about 2 inches behind the sponson back's.

The rudder and strut were actually made by Kevin Boulefont for an old boat that Mike Larson had. Mike donated the hardware for the proto boat.

Strut can be placed either or. I just choose to place it under to suite both classes rules. NAMBA and IMPBA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info.

Man, I REALLY like that hardware, shame it's not available commercially. Mr. Boulefont's hardware would be a nice alternative to the other offerings currently available.

Good luck with your testing, looking forward to seeing your progress.

Well guys, boat has a new owner now. Dean aka Hyperhydro is now the new proud owner of the boat. Dean is a heck of a guy, and Im sure he will have the boat running great at a pond near some of you.

20 Hydro and 20 Tunnel is on my plate for now.

What happened? After all the work you put in to it, I was looking forward to seeing you get it dial in.

20 Hydro is what happened :D That and my 20 tunnels keep me busy enough. I ran the boat twice this year, and its sat on the shelf since. I gifted the boat minus hardware to Dean and he will get it rocking. The boat has great potential. It needed some prop work, and some tuning. But I feel Dean will get it going in no time.

Thanks again for this opportunity, Rodney. I'll do my best to make this little bugger fly! I've got a solid motor and quality hardware going into this hull and will post my progress, including pictures and video, as it becomes available. Nothing will likely be done until next week as I'm traveling for work in Kansas City and St Louis this week and have a bachelor party this weekend.

Thank you again,

Dean

No problem man! It all comes full circle eventually man! We have done plenty of horse trading as of late, so I owed you one anyhow.

Look forward to seeing pictures and video.

Back