ARE THE GAS GUYS IN TROUBLE??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Albert,

Your new boat looks great, hope it runs good for you.

Why did you choose CA over epoxy for your sponson construction?

I know, that's the one thing I did not like but Mark told me not to worry because that new CMB is a monster. We'll see.

If you compare, the gas rigger is two inches longer, the engine weight is 5 pounds which is same as two 80's and the steel pipe equals two aluminum pipes in weight. All you eliminate is an inch off of the width. My twin weight is 14 pounds 10 oz dry, Gas is 14.
Albert, if you worked with Mark Grim and Stu. B) Marks boat was strong at Hobart. ;)
Yep, thats what got me motivated to build this boat. I basically started building this boat the Monday after Hobart. Stu and Mark told me how well it ran and have given me a ton of priceless help all along the way. Special thanks to Stu and Mark on this project.

Running it tomorrow :)
Albert, did you run it, if so how did it go?
Got about ten runs on it so far and all went perfect. I am still 1/4 turn rich on both needles and running the non synthetic oil for breakin. Breakin will continue starting heat one at the Fall Nats. I think this boat will be running in the low to mid 80.s when all is said and done. For now I am keeping it tamed down. :rolleyes:

Albert,

Your new boat looks great, hope it runs good for you.

Why did you choose CA over epoxy for your sponson construction?
CA is fast and bonds great to the carbon plate. I tried epoxy and you can pull it off. With the CA you pull the foam along with the carbon. The slow thick Zap work awesome for this build. You can have the sponsons built and mounted in a few hours instead of a few days with epoxy.

Nice outrigger...when you use the CA-ZAP glue does you cover the whole back of the sheet with it? Seems like you would need several tubes to complete a whole build? Time savings are always nice.

Rick,

My Crapshooter was running rich at this race. I am Still breaking it in. When set up correct it will be running in the mid 80' in lane one. That's not something most gas riggers do well.

name="Rick Reisinger" post="563390" timestamp="1383792005"]

THE QUESTION IS > ARE THE GAS GUYS IN TROUBLE <

The answer > Brian Blazer's new Offering THE Slingshot rigger <

Check out this >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ouhBwL1QqJw form your own opinion ...........

I DO NOT THINK SO ....................

My opinion..............With the addition of Road Runner And Crapshooter moving into the gas rigger class. Having watched all manner of boats in this class,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The class is destin to/for change. So..." are they in trouble.....NO!!! Is there change in the wind YES!!! B)

Rick,

My Crapshooter was running rich at this race. I am Still breaking it in. When set up correct it will be running in the mid 80' in lane one. That's not something most gas riggers do well.

name="Rick Reisinger" post="563390" timestamp="1383792005"]

THE QUESTION IS > ARE THE GAS GUYS IN TROUBLE <

The answer > Brian Blazer's new Offering THE Slingshot rigger <

Check out this >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ouhBwL1QqJw form your own opinion ...........

I DO NOT THINK SO ....................
Albert

With all due respect -- if you have two tanks of gas run through it -- it,s broke in

Lean it down
Albert

With all due respect -- if you have two tanks of gas run through it -- it,s broke in

Lean it down
This Boat did not compete 3rd or 4th round. What happened to it?

Guys Lupe Perez and Scott Anderson both have great gas riggers that run over 80 in a race.

Gust ask any one here in FL. thy are bad boats.

Both are made by them and thy share designs to a point.

Ralph has looked all over these boat and is designing his gas Road Runner like them.

Scott's boat uses his old .40 RR front sponson if you believe that. :lol:

Scott's boat wins almost ever heat it runs hand down.

Albert will have his hand's full racing theses boat . You can take that to the bank. ;)

Guys Lupe Perez and Scott Anderson both have great gas riggers that run over 80 in a race.

Ralph has looked all over these boat and is designing his gas Road Runner like them.

Albert will have his hand's full racing theses boat . You can take that to the bank. ;)
David, Ralph may have looked at them.............But I will EMPTY the bank on he is desiging his like them.

David, Ralph may have looked at them.............But I will EMPTY the bank on he is desiging his like them.
Believe me Chuck it has bin more than just a look. ^_^

Back