ARE THE GAS GUYS IN TROUBLE??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brett english

THIS IS ALBERTS NEWEST ADDITION TO THE CRAPSHOOTER FAMILY, THIS TIME ITS GAS POWERED BY THE NEW CMB MOTOR,

MARK GRIM AND STU HAVE WORKED CLOSE WITH ALBERT ON THIS, IT SHOULD BE A MONSTER...THIS WILL RACE AT THE FALL NATS

THIS BOAT WILL GO TO THE PAINT SHOP TODAY

gas crapshooter.jpg

gas crapshooter 3.jpg

gas crapshooter 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WELL..............Its a good thing he made is Bullet Proof...It will get fired on in that class...... :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: B)

That carbon fiber is way to pretty to paint!!
Same thing I was thinking - paint the cowl and let it eat, maybe a little bright vinyl hear or there , but paint that ??? :eek:

Match the 2 in the background and call it a day..................

thats exacttly whats hes doing, only the cowl and radio lids will be green...all boats will look the same

From what I here he won't be the only alpha powered dog from FL at the Fall Nat's. ;)

Allan,

Marks came in at 13.5 and mine came in at 14. It's heavy but the engine weight is about 1.5 above Zenoah weight. Mark is running in the low to mid 80's so I'm excited to see how this setup works. The extra weight was invested in two extra layers of Kevlar because I know this class is rough on equipment. As for the paint job, it will look the same as my other carbon Crapshooters. The cowl and hatch covers will be painted in the bright metallic green while the carbon just gets clear. Running it tomorrow :)

Oh! Last thing I forgot, the green Crapshooter letters go on the top surface of the front sponsons.

The boat looks awesome especially for a gas rigger.

Albert,

Beautiful boat, could you share your construction technique on the sponsons?

Allan,

Marks came in at 13.5 and mine came in at 14. It's heavy but the engine weight is about 1.5 above Zenoah weight. Mark is running in the low to mid 80's so I'm excited to see how this setup works. The extra weight was invested in two extra layers of Kevlar because I know this class is rough on equipment. As for the paint job, it will look the same as my other carbon Crapshooters. The cowl and hatch covers will be painted in the bright metallic green while the carbon just gets clear. Running it tomorrow :)
Almost close" weight" between Gas rigger vs NitroTwin rigger :blink:

Albert

The boat came out nice!! That CMB will take some set up. But when set up it will Kick Ass.

Albert,

Sponsons are built up using Divinicell 2 pound foam. I insert hardwood dowels where I drill boom tubes and skid fin mount bolts. I then sheet with .039 carbon plate using thick Zap to glue carbon to foam. Cut pieces of carbon 1/2 bigger all around , spread Zap using hax saw blade to create an even glue film, spray kicker on foam and roll down onto carbon plate.

I know, that's the one thing I did not like but Mark told me not to worry because that new CMB is a monster. We'll see.

If you compare, the gas rigger is two inches longer, the engine weight is 5 pounds which is same as two 80's and the steel pipe equals two aluminum pipes in weight. All you eliminate is an inch off of the width. My twin weight is 14 pounds 10 oz dry, Gas is 14.

I know, that's the one thing I did not like but Mark told me not to worry because that new CMB is a monster. We'll see.

If you compare, the gas rigger is two inches longer, the engine weight is 5 pounds which is same as two 80's and the steel pipe equals two aluminum pipes in weight. All you eliminate is an inch off of the width. My twin weight is 14 pounds 10 oz dry, Gas is 14.
Albert, if you worked with Mark Grim and Stu. B) Marks boat was strong at Hobart. ;)

Albert,

I use Divinicell 2 pound foam sheeted with .039 carbon plate. Use hardwood at boom and turn fin mounts and glue using slow Zap on carbon and Kicker on the foam. To cut and trim the carbon use the small diamond Dremel blades that they sell at Home Depot or Hobby story. I use the head of the screw on the diamond wheel to guide me up against the side as I trim. This leaves about 1/16 that needs to be filed off or belt sanded with a very old worn out belt. This construction is messy and tedious but well worth the end results. The sponsons are bullet proof and look nice to boot.

Latest posts

Back