Aquire more boats or Retire what you have?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Schneider

<_< Finally after @ 15 years of collecting equipment from engines to hardware and hulls I have too much stuff !!

:huh: At some point we must say enough and quit holding onto what we don't run or use any more and SELL SOME STUFF!

It must be a packrat thing? Some guys build and run it before selling it off before doing the next project. While others try to cover every class by filling up there shop with boats, equipment and stuff.

:unsure: Are you a collector, Do you Run all your Boats from time to time? or keep your focus by only having a few boats to work with?

:blink: It sure is fun but damm $$$ if they just sit on shelf looking cool. Scott

:unsure: @ 10 RTR boats, 6 empty used hulls and a few new ones waiting for a willing builder to start on. Enought allready !! :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, I'd say a little of all of the above. I've built, run, & sold many but let's just say I needed & recently bought the "Campac" plug in module that gives a Futaba 3PJS 16 model choices ...... :D

The only boats that are on my shelfs are boats I race. I race quite a few. Nats usually brings them all out. There a couple up there that are future projects. I run 14 or so classes at nats. If it is not being used or I have no plans on using it, it is out of here. That leaves 20 on the shelf. Opps I forgot I just got a new 3.5 mod tunnel, 21. Oh yeah lets not talk about all the plane stuff too. I have a lot of hanging shelfs for all this crap.

Mike

:unsure: I try to keep a focus and stay with two........ Otherwise I get to many things going on at once. Got my mod .21 Villain tunnel for oval, Sold off my SAW tunnel stuff to cover my .12 rigger project.

Also have a FE Drag truck project for when the waters hard.

Gene :D

Last edited by a moderator:
:) I always have a few 21 riggers and then a Sport 40 or something different.

I try to keep focused when I go out to test, only one boat at a time. I have

had a FEW shelves full before, and I find you just can't get the whole fleet

DIALED IN. And now with the propeller business I am lucky to go to a few races

a year, and just get a few boats DIALED IN now.

Happy Holidays,

Mark Sholund

PROPS-4-U

[email protected]

I actually enjoy tinkering and painting them now. But being that I have 14 boats I feel like a collerctor. If I had a trailer then I'd have more time to race them all.

Collector, I hate giving them away, that is what it feels like when you sell them below face value! :rolleyes:

I know I got to many when i can't count them on my hands and toes! been selling some but I know more gota go soon. and I know what some are thinking when you sell you never get what you paid for it or even half. most of the time. and now i got less time to play . .

Propjockey said:
BUT when you run out of shelf space ................
Build more shelves.

(collector, if you haven't guessed yet. :D )
So what happens when you run out of floor and wall space for them the wifes mini van or wife parking space? so she can park out side . in the wet! that might get some of us out with the dog in his house :D

hehe my ex was good at giving, err i mean getting rid of my stuff... not many of my old rc's left... still have my old sailboat, but it's pretty much destroyed, and unless my mom thew out the wrong boxes last year i still have my first sawmp buggy but thats really nothing to brag about.

Collector. Problem is by the time I stow them, they may not be very pretty, so if I do sell them I practically have to give them away. Hey Mike G! :p

Nitrocrazed racing: Second hand Cobra riggers....

Right now I have 2 boats that are ready to run (if you include my .049 lil swamp buggy :p ). By spring thaw, I will probably have 5. The problem is I still would like 2 more.... <_< oh well!! I might be a collector!! oh no!!! LOL!!

For those needing more boats all of my current boats are for sale .they will be running at the Winter Nats in Orlando just bring money and go home with some top stuff.

I thought that I had a bunch of stuff until I saw a picture of Rip Holdridges garage on Jim's RCBD. He has just about enough room to get in there and that's about it.

Sell what you don't think that you'll ever use again and keep what you think might become a collectable someday.

R/C Boating, How bad have you got it?

:lol: RC Boating, How Bad Do You Have It? :blink: Thats a more direct question for sure. Bad, real Bad. think I will go fly some Rc planes for awile. O' crap here we go again. :eek: Scott

You can always make more room for more. If you run out of room on the floor, all you have to do is look up. I have shelfs that I hang on jack chain in the garage just about everywhere. Ran out of space on the floor long ago.

Mike

Latest posts

Back