Aquacraft at Toledo

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Olson

I met up with Mike yesterday at the Toledo show. He was showing off 3 new items that they're coming out with and teasing us about another but can't say as only those that talked to him got a hint.

OK, the obvious first question is a bout their stable of gas boats. As most of you know, the Rio 51 and the V-24 are on their way out. They haven't given up on the gas boat segment but are stepping back to decide their next move.

First, they have a new prop made more for the U-1, a 40x57/3 that looks good. Next is a shovel nose hydro comparable in size and price as the Mini-Rio. This should be on the street (water?) by the end of the month.

Next is a Super Tigre .18 using the rotary start systems instead of the pull-start. What their exact name of it is, I don't know. If it's going to be RTR legal may be another question as I don't know if it's going to be a replacement for the Aquacraft .18, Mike would have to be the one to ask about that.

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g67/floa...Toledo09019.jpg

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g67/floa...Toledo09020.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron do you know when they are going to annouce the super tigre? wouldnt mind putting that in my wifes rtr lol

It looks like they've already released it info-wise and seeing how it was at the show, I'd kind of consider that an announcement. Mike was walking around the booth yesterday with it in his hand, he let go of it long enough for my son to get that shot.

Other than that, I don't know any more.

What I'm wondering is how this is going to affect the RTR class so I'll have to wait until Mike gets back home. Mike was rather busy there as a lot of us boaters were hanging around. It might be something for the IMPBA to look at also as I don't know if it will be a replacement engine for their present boats or if they're going to drop it in something else coming down the road.

Here in Fla we run the mods with the stock boats wifes boat is stock right now hangs tough with the mods. P.S. sure do miss going to Toledo show

It was a rare day there in Toledo as the weather wasn't bad. It was so nice that we took everything out to the SUV and loaded it up before remembering that we left our coats inside at the coat checkroom!

We've been there in a lot worse conditions. One year we got really stupid and drove there is blizzard conditions.

Too bad that Tower isn't showing any numbers on this engine yet except for the price tag. I found nothing on the Super Tigre site.

Tower shows the Super Tiger starter in the parts section for the Aquacraft motor.

The new SuperTigre 18 is a very nice motor. Its bad fast and very tough.

It has a true ABC piston and liner

Bushed upper and lower rod

The crankshaft has a small hardened pin that can be removed and a back plate put on if you like. (belt start)

The super start works really well. Because of the one-way bearing and the hard pin it sounds kind of funny when you are starting the motor but its tough as nails.. really works fantastic.

When and if I get the chance i will post some pics of the internals.

Price is right!

Grim

The new SuperTigre 18 is a very nice motor. Its bad fast and very tough.
It has a true ABC piston and liner

Bushed upper and lower rod

The crankshaft has a small hardened pin that can be removed and a back plate put on if you like. (belt start)

The super start works really well. Because of the one-way bearing and the hard pin it sounds kind of funny when you are starting the motor but its tough as nails.. really works fantastic.

When and if I get the chance i will post some pics of the internals.

Price is right!

Grim
What are the specs on it i couldnt find them. and i would like to

see the inside of it and what is the carb made of thanks

supg0718.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to tower hobbies site then to aquacraft then to super tigre cant find there .18 engine

Back