Anyone interested in Nova/GO .21 head button blanks?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodneyPierce

Hey guys, just checking interest here. I have thought about having someone make me up a bunch of blanks for head buttons. These would be made from 6061 alum. So that all I have to do is face with the correct squish angle, and add the chamber size of my liking, and of course turn the top side down to get the correct plug depth, instead of turning the entire thing out. My problem is that I cant find anyone to make them unless I buy 100 (for a reasonable price anyhow). And I can understand that also. My question is, would anyone be interested in going in on it? Im just searching around right now, and pricing options, but this would make it much easier and more cost effective.

Hey guys, just checking interest here. I have thought about having someone make me up a bunch of blanks for head buttons. These would be made from 6061 alum. So that all I have to do is face with the correct squish angle, and add the chamber size of my liking, and of course turn the top side down to get the correct plug depth, instead of turning the entire thing out. My problem is that I cant find anyone to make them unless I buy 100 (for a reasonable price anyhow). And I can understand that also. My question is, would anyone be interested in going in on it? Im just searching around right now, and pricing options, but this would make it much easier and more cost effective.
i make them,heads,not blanks.i have a special groung endmill ordered(it came in wrong the first time) to make the bowl.let me know if you need anything.i use brass or 7075 aluminum btw

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve, I have a lathe, and have been tinkering with my own buttons. Chamber size, shape, squish angle, etc. Just is a PITA to turn all that material down on my little lathe. This is why I was thinking of ordering up a bunch of blanks so it was much easier and less time. Im not interested in selling the buttons, just turning them up for my own testing.

Rodney,

Frank Orlic sell Novarossi head buttons rtr for about $19.00 shipped, choice of standard or turbo plug.

i think what he is wanting is to find out if someone LIKE DAD OR FRANK or someone that makes heads wants to go in and find someone to cut blanks out to make heads.. problem with that is everyone has there own flavor on material so that probably won't work out

Rodney,

We have been testing different materials for a little while now.

Jett Engineeering is the place to have them made I think.

100 pieces is about the minimum you are going to find a good

price on. The real problem is what sizes do you start with? 21? 45? etc.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

These would be only for .21's. As I dont run anything but. And doesnt look like its affordable in the least. Ill continue to turn them out of stock at the prices I have been finding.

Latest posts

Back