any one use eagle tree data recorder

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We used this with real time telemetery and it worked pretty good, but...

The equipment is not that well made, and is expensive.

By the time you buy the GPS and accelerometer modules, you have almost $500 invested.

I saw them at the Toledo show and told them that mine stopped working and asked if I could send it back for repair and the guy was an ass...

I think that you can get better equipment for less money.

My opinion...

Joe

We have used the Eagle Tree data loggers starting with the earliest models. They were invaluable in providing data where little or no information existed. Because there is a learning curve, they are not helpful where less sophisticated instruments will work.

The projects where we ran the recorders are:

Gas hydro record of 109+mph set 2004 and still standing - see New Gas Records in the March 2005 NAMBA Propwash

CMB 35 hydro development

Fastest full size electric boat record of 98+mph set 2008

You can read the article Data Logging about the early units in the October 2004 NAMBA Propwash. Some examples of the data we got are below.

Lohring Miller

Comparison.jpg

Results from a Rossi 3.5 outboard

UIM record.JPG

Results from the UIM electric record

Gas Mono 0406 course.jpg

One lap with a gas mono

Gas Mono 0406 speed.jpg

Speed & RPM for the above lap

Nelson with sensors hi res.JPG

Setup on an outboard

0107 electric mono.bmp

Data from an electric mono with an early, slow update GPS

Attachments

• 0107 electric mono.bmp
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
You can also look at your driving by plotting latitude and longitude on an x-y graph. Below is data from a gas mono.

Lohring Miller

Gas Mono 0406 course.jpg

One lap

Gas Mono 0406 speed.jpg

Speed & RPM for the lap

My proudest moment (so far)!
default_smile.png

043012-10trim.jpg

I use the Eagle Tree System on my multi engines SAW boat. As Loring and Terry have show it's a great tuning tool. I have had great service from Eagle Tree using there ticket system. They have also repaired parts for me. Yes it expensive, but the results are instantly

Avilible by using a pc or telemetry. If you are not using a data recorder you are just guessing. It's like driving with out head lights.

Nails.

I use the Eagle Tree System on my multi engines SAW boat. As Loring and Terry have show it's a great tuning tool. I have had great service from Eagle Tree using there ticket system. They have also repaired parts for me. Yes it expensive, but the results are instantly

Avilible by using a pc or telemetry. If you are not using a data recorder you are just guessing. It's like driving with out head lights.

Nails.
2nd Eagle Tree

Thanks' guys ! this was a great help. Loring the link to the 35cc boat was really a good read, again thanks and best wishes..............jeff

Latest posts

Back