any interest in upgraded ss steering arms for tt o/b's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camaroboy383

hey guy's,,,, dont know if anyone is interested but i have i beleive enough ss to run of about 4 sets of upgraded steering arms for the tt outboards.... if you run tt's you know just how weak the aluminum arms are,,,they bend big time with modded power heads... i run these on my tt's and have had no issue to date... marty slater also has a set and im sure he will say they are perdy tough also...

they are made from .052" ss both arms mimic the larger stock arm,,(the one with all the holes in it)..

like i said i believe i have enough stainless to make about 4 sets... if there is interest i will start plugging them off...

i could do a set in the ballpark of $25.00 shipped....if interested let me know

thanks,

alden

Sure, I'll buy a set. I never did get with my machinist friend to build Tim D's design.

I'm still using my solution , it is a little on the heavy side but it does allow a spot

the anchor the pipe stay.

j dubasis,,, ill whip a set right up for ya buddy.... they actually work out perdy well my friend... hows that new power plant coming??? :ph34r:

here is a pic of a set before they are bent at the angle needed.. i suppose you could still put your pipe mount on the arm.. i found a perdy good way of mounting the pipe to the old exhaust pressure hole in the lower... i still have that rocket city one you gave me,,,, i dont use it anymore and ill send it back your way with the set of arms...

i take a piece of cable pushrod outer sheave,,and jam it in the hole in the lower,cut the ends off flush with the lower edges,, then the pipe mounting wire i bend at a 90* right at point of entry with the hole.... leave the end as long as like 1/2" the wire typically wont fit through the squeezed up sheave you put in there... heat the end with some heat source and whala,,, pops right through... i then slide a brass servo horn control (similar to the rocket but smaller) over the wire on the inside of the lower hole,,tighten that puppy up and im good.....

the reason i do this is because i have to many times ripped the horns right off of where ever they are mounted... the wire going through the lower meat just makes me feel way better about the whole situation..

j dubasis,,, ill whip a set right up for ya buddy.... they actually work out perdy well my friend... hows that new power plant coming??? :ph34r:
The new one is a "on-road" 1/8th scale car engine (RB Concepts Classic09). It will need

some small adjustments (button and timing wise) to get it on an o/b but nothing difficult.

Hey, the arms showed up and they look perdy Nice :D well now,, I can enjoy somebody else's hop-up parts for a change,,, I think I could get use'ta this :p

Alden so sorry man, :unsure: was deer huntting the week this topic came out an this is the first time i got to see this,

yes these arms are KILLER!! please for give me

the stock set realy bite

you did a fantastic job better then the stock ones ever were

they fight right in place worked like a charm

Marty

Alden so sorry man, :unsure: was deer huntting the week this topic came out an this is the first time i got to see this,

the stock set realy bite

Marty
Hi Marty I'll take a set would that be free shipping for me

the stock set realy bite

Marty
Hi Marty I'll take a set would that be free shipping for me
I got free shipping but I saw they came in a regular envelope and the postage was $1.22,, seems severe,, <_<

lol... glad you like them jerry..... the thickness is dang near spot on.... and i beleive they weigh less than the thick brass??? i dont have a set of your arms so im not sure.... :unsure: ..... anyhow,,, enjoy them...i do on mine for sure....POSTAGE:::::::: whuch u talkin bout willis....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marty,,, all is good my friend... im glad the arms are serving you well... i thought they were a slick little upgrade....

thanks for the kind words fellas....us that run tts are few and far between,, so anything helps...

alden

Eric,,, marty has a set of the arms i make..... he was one of the first to get thier paws on them... i think they could be better,, finish wise but man that ss is hard... they are kinda perdy though...lol...

alden

ohhhhhh crap jerry,,,,,, im sorry boss,,, i was gonna toss that rocket city piece in the envelope ................... totally forgot man.... will get that back to you..

alden

Eric if you are runnig a TT this year you had better get in line for the arms

rember what Ryan went through :blink:

it wount happen with thease arms ;)

an on RCgroups for sale boats there is a TT listed 110.00

Marty

Back