Any boaters in the Fresno, California area

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Moore

Just looking for other people that are into boats we have a pond we go to but there are only 4 of us. Would like a few more to join and maybe there are other ponds we don't know of. Nitro, gas and electric is what we have.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris,

which pond you going to? I have talked with ppl that have raced in Fresno MANY MOONS ago. (not sure what pond they used, was before my time)

for those in Los Angeles and those of us from San Francisco area, the 9/19 challenge used to be held in Kingsburg @ Riverland til we lost that pond...was a big drive, but worth it to race our buddies from Los Angeles

if you have use permits/and its NAMBA insurable, be nice to have a venue for the 9/19 challenge again...Fresno is a nice spot to meet in the "middle"

btw, you relation of Howard Moore by any chance?

Chris,

which pond you going to? I have talked with ppl that have raced in Fresno MANY MOONS ago. (not sure what pond they used, was before my time)

for those in Los Angeles and those of us from San Francisco area, the 9/19 challenge used to be held in Kingsburg @ Riverland til we lost that pond...was a big drive, but worth it to race our buddies from Los Angeles

if you have use permits/and its NAMBA insurable, be nice to have a venue for the 9/19 challenge again...Fresno is a nice spot to meet in the "middle"

btw, you relation of Howard Moore by any chance?
Yes Fresno used to have a ton of racing but since the Ban in the late 70's early 80's there has been no "legal" racing within the county lines. We even get our RC car tracks shut down because of it.

The pond we use I care not to publicly announce it but will in a PM. We have the OK from the Fresno County irrigation district people to run but no organized RACING. No permits or insurance unfortunately. So basically its just fun runs

No relation to Howard.

wow Chris..

i was unaware of county-wide ban in Fresno...

there are many many other counties in middle california we could use, if we had the inclination/desire...lol

good luck!

Chris I am a former District Director for NAMBA District 9, in which Fresno falls into, during my term we explored a number of different places down that way and we were never informed of a "ban" of any kind on RC activity within the county. What what county agency was responsible for it? We talked to several Fresno County employees trying to find an alternative site to Kingsburg and none of them said anything about it being illegal within county lines. I am not trying to dispute you I just wonder if that still exists since we were never informed of it back in 07 when we contacted them.

As far as racing in District 9 is concerned most of our races are held at two sites. One in Fremont and one Between Sacramento and Marysville. But we are always looking for more. Seems like the last few years we have lost sites because of raised fees be the city or county. You can always get more info on www.namba9.net

Yep its because some city counsel member was at a race and was not watching there child, his poor 2 year old walked onto the track during a midget race and did not survive the incident. This guy is in his 70's now but still has influence with the city counsel and every time the issue is brought up it gets squashed. At least this is the story I have been told by a few guys that have started tracks and have had them shut down. Dick at CycleArt has had a few tracks over the years and ends up having them closed from pressure from the city.

Here is our pond on google maps ruffly 500 feet X 200 feet at its narrowest.

pond.png

Madera would be a perfect place but not sure where there are pond at. May have to do a little investigation.

Our pond is outside the incorporated limits. But the deal is, I don't want to hose the only place we have to go. If we found some place else then maybe trying to get official permission but right now I was simply looking for others to come run with us. It does not always have to be about racing.

makes sense..

point is..if you get pushed around and it's a public pond....u do not need city council approval...you would approach county staff regarding a use permit..bypassing the "annoying city council member"...lol

Back