Andrew G

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the data, but all but the rpm and GPS speed is worthless since the current was over the 140 amp limit. It took about 5 seconds to cook the ESC. I made a previous run that lasted several minutes with a smaller prop, but didn't look at the data. When I later checked the current from that run, it also pegged the current sensor. Live and learn.

Lohring Miller

Sorry guys I take no sides. But this is a joke. Its like a daytime soap opera! You can literally come back after a month and its the same old story line! :blink:

David
I didn't take anything. I gave the info on what our guys are doing. I simply used the comparable standards/records Paul has set as a yardstick. Everyone understands the agenda being run you only have to read his blog. The local guys came up great. Poor old Kris, I have never met someone so adamant about their right to be wrong. He could have been a Python.

Lohring - thanks for the info. there are some interesting setups int here Larry Bickford's DPI is a blast from the past. Brian Bauss' motor winds are so low he must be a limbo dancer.

Darrin - the 120 Hydra was a surprise to me too - thats great performance from that device. The smarties will save some bucks buying that one.
What was the guys name that was doing all these super times , could it may have been Rod Smith. Ray

Steven

The Moderator has stated the standard of discussion is to be "no one has to be nice" to anyone. Organisations whether they are the PTA or the Senate need reasonable standards and Moderators, Chairs, Speakers etc who will to ensure they are observed. This facilitates informed productive discussion.

Maybe yourself Lohring, Darrin, Jim etc could convince Tom (I have written to him and had no response), he and Kris could work on some standards to help Kris manage appropriately and facilitate the forum to generate interest rather than conflict.

It used to be an excellent forum. There are some good people here. However, a laissez faire approach doesn't favour appropriate behaviour over inappropriate behaviour. Dwindling attendance and level of discussion are the inevitable result.

Steven
The Moderator has stated the standard of discussion is to be "no one has to be nice" to anyone. Organisations whether they are the PTA or the Senate need reasonable standards and Moderators, Chairs, Speakers etc who will to ensure they are observed. This facilitates informed productive discussion.

Maybe yourself Lohring, Darrin, Jim etc could convince Tom (I have written to him and had no response), he and Kris could work on some standards to help Kris manage appropriately and facilitate the forum to generate interest rather than conflict.

It used to be an excellent forum. There are some good people here. However, a laissez faire approach doesn't favour appropriate behaviour over inappropriate behaviour. Dwindling attendance and level of discussion are the inevitable result.
Andrew I respect the accomplishments both you and Paul have made in the hobby. But I have to respectfully disagree in the moderator issue. We are all grown men. We should have some common ground on how to conduct ourselves online. "Especially" since all the parties involved are running rc boat business's. I'm not pointing fingers at any one party. Its a matter of sometimes knowing when to step into the online "ring" and when not to.

Ray

Glad you like the numbers.

The only 10S boat racing was Rod Smith using a 2215 he bought from fastelectrics, a Schulze 40/160 from Fullers Fastelectrics and a locally made rigger. It was fast on a soft setup.

Paul Osmond ran one 6S1P 5AH setup. Tony Jones another. Paul own who owns CHD, makes the Taipan riggers. Tony Jones a very experienced local racer used his own design with Kookaburra sponsons.

Rod's 18 cell mono used Fullers matched Nimh, MGM esc, Delta Force hull. He was belting hell out of his cells but they seemed to be doing fine.

Ray would you believe the riggers were all using NEU brushless motors? Who would have thought!

Steven,

It is a universal human experience that adults occasionally need help regulating their behaviour.

Start with the 10 commandments, the 7 precepts, etc and work down to Rentons, "Guide for Meeting and Organisations"; what they all have in common is a party supported by the group as a whole who is given the authority to act to ensure the guidelines are observed and life remains fruitful rather than becomming subject to the whims and interests of a few.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew,

You are by far the biggest sook I know...must be the politics things i Guess.

Anyhow, all I said was to PAUL not to bother which is true all you will do is bring up BENCH TEST data and not REAL RTDB DATA.

Build a bridge? Calculate that all you ned to...just let me know how many amps i will pull and for how long and how big the steps need to be

Quote me properly aswell andrew, I said I dont need to be nice to you just because I am a moderator.

Opinions are like a$$holes .........

Kris

the 'INFAMOUS' Moderator

I think the Aussie guys all need to pull their heads in and let results speak for themselves.

Some of the electric riggers (and monos) I have seen in Australia lately are looking very impressive. I have even started to put one together myself!

Let's keep it civil,

Peter Duggan

I agree guys...

wake up to yourselves.

That includes all... Australian and US. Stop acting like a bunch of spoiled children.

It would be better if this whole thread was deleted.

Tony Jones

As I am the named subject of this thread I had not contemplated nor wanted it deleted.

I am glad the negative agendas raised have been exposed.

People who participated in that manner did so knowing they would have to take responsibility for their actions.

As Steven reminded us we are all "adults", lets cop it sweet.

Hi Guys,

Here's the deal, Andrew touts running 1P setups on the boards and how good they are. I've looked at the combos he's posted and wondered how he could get away with such setups if in fact he was racing like we do in the states. After seeing videos of some FE racing in Australia and realizing that you guys run for a tick over a minute I understood the how and lower current draw figures. We set our boats up to run full tilt for 2 minutes 30 seconds and on average pull 5000 to 6000 mah out of the packs, hence we run 2P.

Andrew can twist things around how ever he likes, doesn't matter to me. But to say his setups would be competitive with what we're running is out of the question. So my original post stands for what it says, now I understand.

Paul.

Paul,

Do you guys run the NAMBA course? And how many laps? Just trying to get a feel for why the race time goes to 2:30.

Hi BM,

I set my boats up to be able to run flat out for 2:30, the race is actually shorter time wise. We run 6 laps on the 1/3rd mile oval (IMPBA) plus at least 35 seconds of mill time and 1 finish lap.

Paul.

Plus if you miss a bouy, it's another lap, so you looking at abt. 9 or 10 laps total. Thats why we are using 2/P.

The NAMBA course for gas and nitro is 6 laps on a 1/6 mile oval for a total of a mile. 2:30 should easily cover any race including 30 seconds of part throttle mill. Fast boats usually finish 6 laps in 1:30 or less. The standard electric courses are from 1/2 to 5/8 mile so I would expect 1 minute or less of full throttle running time on these courses. You can easily pull 100 amps from 1 - 5000 mah lipo for 2 minutes and twice that for 1 minute. However, racing experience in the Pacific Northwest so far indicates that 2P gives better performance and is easier on the equipment

Lohring Miller

Lohring

The NAMBA nitro program is very close to ours. 6 laps of it is 120 yards more than 5 laps of ours - about 1.5 seconds at race speed. We only use 40% of capacity so penalty laps would not be a problem. One thing this thread shows is the local systems are performing very well.

Paul

You don't need to diminish what the AMPBA racers do in order to bolster the IMPBA program. You have a year to dabble. Now is not the time to be defensive it would be interesting to see some printouts form your race software.

I am very very happy - even more so after this thread about how the local program is working out.

There are some very fine modellers and racers here and their boats are already very efficient and very fast.

we don't have lap penalties, just points for cuts. So race distance is always 5 laps + the out lap. I am pretty sure that if we ran similar with lap penalties, we would be looking at larger capacity in the packs. I too would be interested in seeing some logged results from some of your heat racing guys. It's amazing just how much the datalogging helps with boat setup.

Andrew,

You don't need to diminish what the AMPBA racers do in order to bolster the IMPBA program.
You really don't get it do you? I swear you need to pull your head out and take a breath. I never said ANYTHING to diminish what AMPBA racers are doing, you all run 1P and are on equal footing and that's fine. BUT, to imply that your setups would be competitive with what we run is flat out wrong. We are allowed to run whatever we want parallel wise in the IMPBA, 2P is plenty and I still run 20C 2 year old packs of 4350s.

Again, twist what I type how ever you want. Your fellow countrymen seem to understand what I'm getting at according to the PMs I've got.

Paul.

BTW: I heading to the SAWs in a couple hours, see ya next week. :ph34r:

Paul

hope you had a good SAW - this was at Flint?

How about some printouts from the software you use to record your oval racing?

How about some vids of oval races in 2S2P mono or 6S2p rigger /scale hydro?

Paul

How about some printouts from oval racing?

Or vids of oval races in 2S2P mono or 6S2p rigger /scale hydro?

Back