Airtronics 2.4 GHz FHss-2 Now out!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Bourlet

I have had the prototype for the new Airtronics FHSS-2 Module in my Exzess-Plus and M-11 since last October. They just released it yesterday so now I can talk about it. In side by side testing with the old DSSS I get more than twice the range. I actually ran the radio at the Chris Harris All-star Shootout in Florida last October and had no glitching. It has a full 100mW output and works great even on a crowded drivers stand. Check out www.airtronics.net for more info. They are running a special until next Wednesday so your local hobby store should be able to make you a great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get more than twice the range. I actually ran the radio at the Chris Harris All-star Shootout in Florida last October and had no glitching. It has a full 100mW output and works great even on a crowded drivers stand.
Hi Eric, I own a first gen of the Radio an I have to say that the range is a bit on the short side. I am glad to hear that they came out with a vr2.

How does this range thing work? The more mW out the longer the range?

The original version has 80mW and this one has 100mW, I just wanna have an idea of how much more it is improved.

thanks

I get more than twice the range. I actually ran the radio at the Chris Harris All-star Shootout in Florida last October and had no glitching. It has a full 100mW output and works great even on a crowded drivers stand.
Hi Eric, I own a first gen of the Radio an I have to say that the range is a bit on the short side. I am glad to hear that they came out with a vr2.

The original version has 80mW and this one has 100mW, I just wanna have an idea of how much more it is improved.

thanks

We have them listed at our shop and I am waiting for the first ones to come in. I am offering Free Shipping along with the Airtronics deal. Check us out

Bob

Evolution Hobbies

thanks

We have them listed at our shop and I am waiting for the first ones to come in. I am offering Free Shipping along with the Airtronics deal. Check us out

Bob

Evolution Hobbies
eric i have been chompin at the bit too.. trading emails with "the boss" , and i thank you for helping to make this happen.

terry

I have had the prototype for the new Airtronics FHSS-2 Module in my Exzess-Plus and M-11 since last October. They just released it yesterday so now I can talk about it. In side by side testing with the old DSSS I get more than twice the range. I actually ran the radio at the Chris Harris All-star Shootout in Florida last October and had no glitching. It has a full 100mW output and works great even on a crowded drivers stand. Check out www.airtronics.net for more info. They are running a special until next Wednesday so your local hobby store should be able to make you a great deal.
:ph34r: :huh: New arrive FHSS-2 Module & Reciever set than old FHSS-1 ? Can explain what different compare ? I am very interesting about it thanks, Allan

thanks

While the increased power does add a little range that is a physics thing inverse square law. The largest improvement is the new system is Frequency Hopping not Direct Sequence. The problem I had was that if there were futaba FHSS systems around with my older DSSS the range was good enough if you drove the course but if I had to go deep to eat up time I could drive it out of range. The new stuff does not have this problem. I get better than twice the range.

Another thing this change does is that all the new 2.4 FHSS-2 Airtronics receivers are compatible between the new M-11 FHSS-2 and MX3FG .

thanks

While the increased power does add a little range that is a physics thing inverse square law. The largest improvement is the new system is Frequency Hopping not Direct Sequence. The problem I had was that if there were futaba FHSS systems around with my older DSSS the range was good enough if you drove the course but if I had to go deep to eat up time I could drive it out of range. The new stuff does not have this problem. I get better than twice the range.

Another thing this change does is that all the new 2.4 FHSS-2 Airtronics receivers are compatible between the new M-11 FHSS-2 and MX3FG as well as the m11X when it gets here in April.

what is an m11x?

So does anyone have a price on this yet????

Don <_<
MX-3FG FHSS is $ 159.99 shipped

M-11 2.4ghz FHHS-2 TX/RX is $ 289.99 shipped
do you have the mx-3 fg in stock bob? and if so ..price on 2 of them for the kids and also price on the new m-11 fhhs-2 recievers..thanks

terry
Airtronics will have the new M11X out soon that is lighter and the 2.4 ghz will be built in.
these are for the kids . i have a m-11 and will probably get the m11x after i see one..lol kids need the cheap radios ..in the case they fall in the lake. i hope and wonder if my 16 recievers for the 2.4 deal will work with the m11x??

tk

Don <_<

do you have the mx-3 fg in stock bob? and if so ..price on 2 of them for the kids and also price on the new m-11 fhhs-2 recievers..thanks

terry
Airtronics will have the new M11X out soon that is lighter and the 2.4 ghz will be built in.
these are for the kids . i have a m-11 and will probably get the m11x after i see one..lol kids need the cheap radios ..in the case they fall in the lake. i hope and wonder if my 16 recievers for the 2.4 deal will work with the m11x??

tk
It will work with the 2.4 FHSS-2 that are now shipping as well as the new smaller rx that will ship with the M-11X by May it will not work with older DSSS rxs

Don <_<

terry

tk
It will work with the 2.4 FHSS-2 that are now shipping as well as the new smaller rx that will ship with the M-11X by May it will not work with older DSSS rxs
thanks alot there eric as you know i have alot of recievers but they are taken care of. :)

terry

Don <_<

terry

tk
thanks alot there eric as you know i have alot of recievers but they are taken care of. :)

terry
Two MX-3 FG would be $ 319.98 shipped

the receivers are $ 89.99 shipped

As I only order two at a time because of the time of year I would have to place these on my weekly order. Check with the guys in here that have purchased props from me as to my delivery times and the way I ship.

Bob

Don <_<

terry

tk

terry
Two MX-3 FG would be $ 319.98 shipped

the receivers are $ 89.99 shipped

As I only order two at a time because of the time of year I would have to place these on my weekly order. Check with the guys in here that have purchased props from me as to my delivery times and the way I ship.

Bob
I have added two pics showing the packaging and radio as it arrives from the distributor. To answer the question as to we have them yet, yes, but as I stated I only order two at a time and when they arrive they go right out.

DSC00370.JPG

DSC00372.JPG

I bought "NEW" M11 FHSS-2 today Look great wow very small RX ch4 than futaba I will run test for sport 40 soon :D ;)

thanks

Bob

Evolution Hobbies
bob do you have the deal with the free reciever and the free shipping?? if so ill take 2 of them for the kids now. thanks and lmk.

terry

I bought "NEW" M11 FHSS-2 today Look great wow very small RX ch4 than futaba I will run test for sport 40 soon :D ;)
Hi Eric I ask question First time never see before this kind

I installed FHSS-2 RX but short wire antenna I wonder that do can solder extra long wire (12inches) connect from RX' s short wire antenna :rolleyes: Will be work ? or Just leave nornal short? Need to know any feedback thanks, Allan

Back