AeroMarine RadioBox Seal s ??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Jacuzzi

I prefer the Aeromarine radio box seals (No outer ring etc just ca in place), and was told once that they are actually an automotive part. Does any one have any idea on these (I think that I was told that they were a Ford part??) Thanks

Tony, I hope that someone can help you, I might be interested too. Ever look at the seals that they use on bicycles for protecting brake and derailleur cables? Most Bike shops call them "Worms". They are kind of long but should be able to be shortened for boat use. Just a thought.

Tony, are you sure they aren't a Dodge part?....I don't think a ford part will fit on your boats.

:lol: Actually a Yugo part, can be purchased in Yugoslavia for about a nickel. :lol:

Of course I am kidding about the nickel part, Only 2 cents really. :eek: Scott

Where do yugo :unsure: to get yugo parts? I'm having a tough time findinga dealer in my country (USA).

Well, you are on the correct trail. They are part of an automatic transmission. That is all I can say. TB

8sport40.jpg

Joe..LOL .. "Put a Dodge in your Garage"... TJ

Just be glad that it might be a Ford part instead of a MoPar one! It would then cost you twice as much then be changed in mid-year! If you want to make it a true MoPar boat then all hinges should fall off and the carb should be cold-blooded! :D

I've had a few MoPars in my time including a Bad-ass '74 `Cuda.

If it was a Ford part, you wouldn't find in in a part store. It would be Found On Road .... You get the picture.

Hello All,

Have any of yous tried the Prather radio box seals (grey silicone ones); they are designed to also just glue-on, also. But I didn't glue them on; I used the outer metal rings that came with another seal kit (hobby stuff), in conjunction with the Prather seals, and it seems to be bullet-proof. They seem to be pretty durable and thicker than others I've seen. What do you guys feel about just gluing on seals as opposed to screwing in? And, also the ones from Du-Bro, they are held onto the mounts with o-rings, that also seems to be a good setup? Rick

Tony Jacuzzi said:
I prefer the Aeromarine radio box seals (No outer ring etc just ca in place), and was told once that they are actually an automotive part. Does any one have any idea on these (I think that I was told that they were a Ford part??) Thanks
Tony-

Are you going to buy 5,000+ of them to get a better price than what they sell for as a pair? :wacko:

I have seen about the same seals on like acc cables for your car, and some trans shift cables have them, need to shop around for them.

I used the ones with the washer and bolt down.

not dubro, someother make.

they work well.

I have used both kinds, and prefer the bolt downones.

Hey Rick-

The Prathers are the best but bad part is if you use 4-40 size you have to buy them in a "kit" with rods & clevises. I buy my pushrods in bulk so I have no use for the rest of the "kit" <_<

Tony,

You especially will get a chuckle out of this.

Just last night, saw a truck with a personalized plate that read WAMTWUCK.

Yes, it was a Dodge.

Myron

Latest posts

Back