A Few ? about my Eagle w/ CMB 101

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doc thats a Cooper muffler designed by Stu and has ZERO backpressure.
I also run that muffler on my 1.01 Mono and haven't had any issues. It runs great and knocks the noise way down(sounds good IMO).

Last edited by a moderator:
IF the package is working leave it alone. If You get beat in a race .........well that racing. If you get lapped...........now its time to look for more. Measure your current performance in competition it will be the true test. Head bowl volume is NOT a major factor as everyone tells you. Head clearance IS. Stock heads work very well on the Right numbers. That pipe/motor comb is very good. Have been running that same thing for a while.

I got a chance to run the Eagle it seemed to run good, But while servicing the motor when I got home I noticed the compression leaking down FAST ! When I pulled the motor this is what I found. I'm guessing that's not good. What do I do now ? What could have been the cause ?

Phil

CMB 101 scored piston 004.jpg

I got a chance to run the Eagle it seemed to run good, But while servicing the motor when I got home I noticed the compression leaking down FAST ! When I pulled the motor this is what I found. I'm guessing that's not good. What do I do now ? What could have been the cause ?

Phil
Ouch! Sumpin' bigger than a glow plug wire went through there.

Circlip?

Piece of bearing?

A complete tear down is in order I'd say... ;)

Ouch!!! I think that wrist's clip broken from rust but need dissemble open the engine so will find any problem thing. Have to replace piston/sleeve and inerst head button but very expensive$$ contact to STU BARR. He will give estiamte price for you

ouch

did you have the clip out of the motor at one time? i know it happens but alot of times the only way that happened is if someone took it out and then didn't get it back in and SEATED..

either way.. time for some new parts.

chris

Well the Engine is in the mail to Steve Wood to get rebuilt. Hope to have it back for our Fun Run on the 22nd. Phil

I just got the Motor back from Steve Wood ( Fast Service ) and all I can say is WOW what a difference. The Eagle is running incredible. What a great day at the Lake. Phil

I just got the Motor back from Steve Wood ( Fast Service ) and all I can say is WOW what a difference. The Eagle is running incredible. What a great day at the Lake. Phil
Wow Steve worked with your engine done . What cause before stratched on piston?

they seem to run better when the wrist pin is'nt dragging on the sleeve!

Latest posts

Back