A Few ? about my Eagle w/ CMB 101

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philmunsterman

Guys,

I have run this boat a few times and its a Very Nice build and seems to run great every time out.. I have a few questions.

What pipe is this and what does the slip-on actually do ?

I have been running a 1667 with 25% nitro and its running right at 75mph. If I run a higher % nitro will it make much difference ?

Thanks Phil

Eagle101006-1.jpg

Eagle101003.jpg

Eagle101004.jpg

Looks to be a mac nitro pipe maybe a 13cc size but not sure. The slip on you speak of is a muffler from cooper pipes. It takes the high pitch bang out of the noise of the pipe and a muffler is required if you run in the impba for our db limit. As for nitro yes if u go up to say 40 - 50 percent you would see good improvements but needle setting are more critical and may require additional motor modifications for the higher nitro

Hope that answered your questions

chris

You need a highly modified 1667 to take advantage of that engine . There are other things to do to the engine as well that do not affect longevity but will boost power .

GREAT LOOKING BOAT! STU BARR HAS HELPED ME WITH PARTS.

GREAT RESPONSES

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice SGX boat and big bore 101 RS B) Love FASTER!! 1667 cup 6.6" if you want make increase 40 to 50% nitro and will be scar :p Good Luck!

Pipe IS a 15cc. IF truly running at 75................... leave it alone. That set up will FINISH......!!!! "Chris" is 100% correct, everything will change is you move up in fuel. Get a few props at various pitch.............I would not bet on 6.6 "full Blade" 1667 but reduce dia. you may have something. If you can in testing, run the boat with out the muffler and them up it on, you will have learn more after you are finished.

Thanks for the advice guys. I should have mentioned, I probably won't have time to race the boat. I just want to go FAST at our local Lake. I also have a V967 to test that Mark made for me. Thanks Phil

This is my old boat(check out profile pic) that I purchased from Tony(forgot screen name) here on iWaters earlier this year. I sold this boat to Ken Hildreth in May to be able to put a good down payment on our jetski. The engine is a an Andy Brown modded 101 and the prop is a 1667 with 6.8" of cup. The pipe is a Macs 15cc with a cooper clamp on muffler..... Yes, the boat is put together exceptionally well and has glass re-enforced engine tub. I ran this boat with 65% nitro and I believe the clearance was around .010 - 014". Ideally, the boat will run better with a Macs 13cc which I had plan on getting before I decided to purchase a jetski for our anniversary..... This boat was the best handling boat I have ever owned!

it could be alot of things, head button,ports,head clearance, rotor disk timing, cuts on sleeve and case, exhaust timing, bowl volume ect.

julian

Nice looking setup, One question, with the water cooling so close to the outlet is their a concern with a hot spot over the exhaust? Just asking?
Hammer,

There are two water passages in the Rs motors. Water enters the lower "ring" then passes up to the upper "ring" thru two holes drilled in the case on the opposite side from where the water enters then exits over the top of where the water enters the water jacket. Lots-a-water in there.

P.S. Have fun in SC buddy.

Just wondering, how would a " modded by Andy Brown " 101 be different than a stock motor ?
AB usually only work the intake side of most of the motors he modifies unless it's for time trials or the coustomer wants something different.

It sounds like you should leave it as is and have fun with it. I had a lot of fun with my SGX/1.01 over the years they are great boats!

Buck

I run 101's and have for several years. 101 mono, twin and single hydro. I would NOT run that muffler on the pipe. It produces TOO MUCH HEAT. Do not go up on the nitro with that muffler. YOU WILL BURN THE THE PISTON UP. Been there and done that. We use a rum runner muffler. They work vary well and no heat issues. Before going up on the nitro the head button needs to be enlarged. Seems like you are running well with the lower nitro so would see how well it does in a race. BUT get a different muffler.

Latest posts

Back