91 Winston Eagle

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, I still need to cut it open. Hard to layup a 2" x 12" tube from th einside. Its a one off so it should work nicely.

That got me thinking. How do they do those tube layups? I would assume a bladder on the inside. How do they lay it up to begin with?

A Bud styled bent tube I have looks like it was laid up using a two or three part mold, laying it up in one piece from the inside. Too bad the molds are no longer around, AFAIK anyway. It was laid up by Troy McIntire, along with a cowl I have, so those molds are long gone, last I heard anyway

You asked how turbine tubes were laid up. I just said how mine appeared to be done. If it doesn't help you, so be it

Split the mold. Came off real nice with the knife cut before total cure. I pva up the plug and mold. This time doing a 1,6,1 ounce layup. Then put mold on plug after layup. Compression mold style.20201024_154959.jpg20201024_161254.jpg The trick is to use just enough resin. Other wise it spills out all over the place. I have made some composite parts this way before in machined molds.

20201025_092711.jpgIt came out nicely. I pulled off the outer molds. This left a solid part around the plug. This is where Marks spray wax would of helped. Instead i just split the part on one side. Part weighs 32 grams. Will be less when done sizing it to boat.

Its been some time since I work on this boat. Lost interest for a bit. Too much work stress can do that. . Its been on and off the last couple of months. But all is well now. A buddy of mine called me and said he was building one too. So now I am all jack on it again.
- built and mounted motor mount
- modified a speedmaster rudder to fit the boat better and mounted it, reduce weight and new angle plate
- fInished fit on main cowl.
- built rear deck and turbine tube assembly
- mounted strut
- built custom squish plate for strut, for tail feather strut mounts
- installed steering servo and linkage
- installed water line from rudder
- installed antenna tube

Can you show a pic of how the uprights and supports are attached to the tail fins? Thanks great build

I have a question about the tape you used in post #47 ...... Did you purchase that tape or find it in your pocket after work one day? LOL Your project looks great

I have a question about the tape you used in post #47 ...... Did you purchase that tape or find it in your pocket after work one day? LOL Your project looks great
Dont tell the boss......but I stole it for a side job.......oh wait, Im the boss. Im fired.....................

Latest posts

Back