'85 Dominos Pizza Build thread

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New pics. Got the top deck templates done, and cut the sheeting out. Also got the sponson bottoms finished as well. Enjoy, Mike

DSCF2254Large.jpg

DSCF2253Large.jpg

DSCF2251Large.jpg

DSCF2252Large.jpg

DSCF2247Large.jpg

DSCF2248Large.jpg

Well, got the decks on 2 weeks ago, pulled my personal cowling from the mold (has carbon added), got the wing mounts done, etc. Its really coming along nice now! Enjoy, Mike

DSCF2274.jpg

DSCF2275.jpg

DSCF2276.jpg

Got back to work on this hull over the weekend. It now has two coats of west epoxy. Just cut out the top hatch plate and will get its mounting figured out soon. Enjoy, Mike

DSCF2324.jpg

DSCF2325.jpg

DSCF2326.jpg

DSCF2327.jpg

Is it nessesary to use carbon fiber or fiberglass in there? Could you put it on the outside instead?

thx

Norm

Norm, you could always buy Carbon flat plate to use for your ride surface. It is expensive, and I was mainly looking for separation strength and decided to use the carbon I had laying around! MIke

Well, I am getting close now. Got all the vents cut in the cowling, got the magnets to hold it in place all done, Mike McKnight is working on the decal sets, got the paint, and almost ready to prime...Oh, and ordered the driver/ stacks/ intake/ etc. from Larry Kraemer. Since my Winston Eagle Lobster is to about the same build state, I plan on doing all the paintwork at the same time for both hulls, along with the paintwork for Buddy Lowes '83 Miss Rock KISW. I think I will begin that in just a couple weeks at the latest. Enjoy, Mike

DSCF6013Large.jpg

DSCF6014Large.jpg

DSCF6015Large.jpg

DSCF6016Large.jpg

DSCF6017Large.jpg

DSCF6018Large.jpg

Here are some new pics. I reached a milestone this weekend, getting the rest of the build work about done, and the first coat of primer on both the Lobster, and the 85' Dominos Pizza. I also got all the vertical bracing made, and received the driver, stacks, etc. from Larry Kraemer (first class parts, first class guy!), all the vents in the cowling are cut and finished. Feeling a lot better about the progress now! Seems like the last month has been so slow going. Enjoy the pics! Mike

DSCF8006Large.jpg

DSCF8007Large.jpg

DSCF8008Large.jpg

DSCF8009Large.jpg

DSCF8010Large.jpg

DSCF8011Large.jpg

Hey...where can I find a driver like the one in the bag? Would this fit a 1/6 scale?

thanks

Norm

Kevin,

I did weight the hull a few weeks ago. Here is what it had inside. Hull, hatches, cowling, rear verticals/wing, motor mount, 1527 Neu motor, 2 5000mah 4s lipos, hardware (strut, rudder, skid fin). The weight at that time was 12.2lbs. The batteries and motor along probably weight around 4-5lbs. This hull is extremely light, and my lobster build cannot even get close to touching it in a weight comparison! Hope this helps.

Chinslip,

The driver, stacks, steering, intake, and dash are all from Larry Kraemer. He goes by Larry K here on the boards. Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the Dominos Painted this weekend. Stacks, driver and dash area is next! Enjoy the pics, Mike

PS: I would like to thank Brian Anderson of RCU for his never circulated pictures of the full size boat. Without those, I could not have done this boat half as well. Thanks man!

DSCF8087.jpg

DSCF8088.jpg

DSCF8089.jpg

DSCF8090.jpg

DSCF8091.jpg

DSCF8092.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some more. I will start fitting the hardware later in the week. Got some other stuff to finish up first, Mike

DSCF8093.jpg

DSCF8094.jpg

DSCF8095.jpg

DSCF8096.jpg

DSCF8097.jpg

DSCF8098.jpg

Lol, with the other scales I am working on, I might have to put a king size in there for all the kids! My wife didn't find your comment as amusing as I did! HAHA Did you finish your Oberto yet?????

you do nice work but you should put your things away before you post the pics on the internet. what are those things in the ziplock bag? and what kind of pump is that on your pillow in the green bag?

but the boats look great!

LOL

Back