67 SGX Rear Ski dimensions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim van Schyndel

Currently I am completely rebuilding a Eagle 67 SGX (have stripped back 7, yes 7 coats of two pack epoxy!). The centre tub is missing the rear ski, and therefore I need to build a new one. I am chasing the dimensions of the drop of the centre ski from the bottom of the centre tub at the very back and the width of the ski at the bottom and the top of the ski where it meets the bottom of the tup. The ski angle would also be very helpful if someone has those details!

Thanks in advance

Tim

Tim,

Depending on which engine you are using it may not be necessary to run the center ski. Not everyone is utilizing it. Depending on the power plant you may actually be faster without it.

Scott

Thanks Scott

I will be running a new CMB 67 HR. The strut is a flat bottom CMDi.

Can you please explain as I am very interested in your advice!

Cheers

Tim

Thanks Scott

I will be running a new CMB 67 HR. The strut is a flat bottom CMDi.

Can you please explain as I am very interested in your advice!

Cheers

Tim[/quote

Tim

Do a search on IW under the outrigger section. I believe Jeremy edge started the thread. I asked this very same question. Andy Brown explained that some boats (powerplants) need the center ski to lawnch from the beach. You shouldn't need it with the CMB 67 HR. You will also be a little faster in the straightaway. This is why CMDI offers both options.

Thanks Vernon

I did a search and found the thread Scott was referring to. I might try the without the centre sponson as recommended by Andy.

Cheers

Tim

Back