.40 size muck boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big_makdaddy

I have a fiber glass mono that I think is a (steve muck) boat. it is 39" long. is this a decent hull? or is it a "just for fun boat".

also would a larger engine be feaseable in this hull, right now it has a 7.5 K/B that needs all new parts but was thinking an 11 might be fun. any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks John Maki :D

I have a fiber glass mono that I think is a (steve muck) boat. it is 39" long. is this a decent hull? or is it a "just for fun boat".

also would a larger engine be feaseable in this hull, right now it has a 7.5 K/B that needs all new parts but was thinking an 11 might be fun. any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks John Maki :D
If it is a Muck hull, it is probably the Spartan. It is a decent hull by my standard. Serious racers may consider it dated. Never owned one but saw several ran in the late 80's. They handled pretty well. It is a little small for .11 though.

Steve's deep vee hull was first called the Streaker. That was back in the 1970's. He made several improvements over the years and it was called the Spartan Streaker and soon everyone called it the Spartan.

Depending on the driver it was a very competitive hull. I ran that hull with both an OS Max 46 and an OS Max 65 engine. Today's engines are a bit more powerful and that boat could be a handful to drive with a hot 67 in it.

I used to race in Dallas every year. You'd see dozens of Spartan hulls entered there.

Bt the way, Steve Muck stopped off at the NAMBA Nats this year at Legg Lake to say hello to everyone.

Al Hobbs

Does anybody have a picture of one? There's a guy on another forum site that recently bought an old hull and doesn't know what it is. I'm guessing that it may be a Muck hull.

I'm just getting back into RC Boating myself (I'm a life-time boater). I still have quite a collection of late 1980's boats and gear, one of which is a 40 inch Steve Muck "Spartan Streaker". It's powered by a Rossi .67 (circa 1985). Very fast, handles well in rough water. I plan to continue to race it as is, should still be very competitive. Although I will probably upgrade to current motors (not sure which?).

Back