3.5cc servo adjustable motor tilt setup suggestions?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Krienke

I am trying to think of some different ways to make these tunnels have a adjustable tilt with third channel for better handling and want to hear what you guys think of a way to make the cam or linkage work ?. I am thinking of a servo and using ball end tapped into a arm attached to a Prather mount and using a servo to either move a cam to move it or just find a super bad servo that can handle the stress . any engineering ideas would greatly help us thanks Dave :D

any other ideas anyone? That ones ok just that i am thinking using a prather mount as a base to build off of or a technology hobbies purple mount. also what radio out there has a 3rd channel wheel not a button by your thumb trying to find one. I messed the eprom in my 3ps up tonight tryin to swap pot wires and the pots must have been too far off. after getting it flashed ill try to actually swap the pots this next time.

any other ideas anyone? That ones ok just that i am thinking using a prather mount as a base to build off of or a technology hobbies purple mount. also what radio out there has a 3rd channel wheel not a button by your thumb trying to find one. I messed the eprom in my 3ps up tonight tryin to swap pot wires and the pots must have been too far off. after getting it flashed ill try to actually swap the pots this next time.
I have one of Daves Mounts and theyy are nice. For radio input id think 2 clicks in either direction would be more than enough. A 3pk has the mixing feature to allow trimming in negative with the rudder thus making it act like a champ boat. In the end im not sure its worth it. Too much S**t going on too fast.

sometime could you take some pics of it that are better quality so i can see how the cam works on the underside of it? I think it will in the end probably not be worth all the effort also but just have a hankering to try to make it work still. :p

sometime could you take some pics of it that are better quality so i can see how the cam works on the underside of it? I think it will in the end probably not be worth all the effort also but just have a hankering to try to make it work still. :p
All the guts are hidden but it works nice. I might use it but not with a servo just a fine thread rod for tiny adjustments

I don't have a picture to show you but Ernie Lafleur has been running a tilt system that he built for several years.

Mark Hopper

Do yourself a favor and get a mount from Dave Roach if you want to try a trim. Basically the same as Ernies. A 3305 will pull it just fine. The cam method takes the pressure off the servo. As for mixing steering and trim big mistake. You need to set the boat before you turn. Most tunnels drop the nose a bit when you start to turn, if you downtrim at that point your asking to hook the boat. Jay and I use basically an up down set up, high and low settings. On a Futaba 3PK you can program the 3rd channel to respond to the button on the right side of the grip. It will be on/off racheting to your presets. On a Nomadio the button is in the same area and is momentary on/off as it is depressed. Convenient location for your middle finger to activate during a heat. Ernie used a stick radio and has infinate adjustment on the fly. Is that better? Depends on your driving style. A simple up and down stop will give you a mild or wild boat thats your choice during a heat. Then you will find you use the trim much less than you think. Usually to break a prop loose or if you need to pass.

Dave Roach has built me trims and many carb adapters and does great work at reasonable prices.

Mic

Here's one of the first adjustable trims for the 3.5 O/B

Last edited by a moderator:
wow neat you saved that . Ya i ended up getting a couple from Dave to try. i have a ko ex1 radio and it has the third channel button by your thumb ill try that after i get the initial setting with my 3ps radio since it has a wheel adjuster. but he is right the doing it with infinite would be too hard to keep up with in the heat of battle but the switch will be great. apreciate the posts guys. thanks Dave

Latest posts

Back