Q SGX boat & Radio Compatibility

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happybradboating

[SIZE=10pt]Well I am getting my Q SGX ready to run and I am having trouble setting up my Hifei Swordfish Prop+ 200 amp water cooled ESC & Leopard 5692 motor with my 2.4 Futaba 6C FASST airplane radio. I have ran two smaller P-Spec boats with not having to do much other than reversing the steering servo or the speed control.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]To get down to the point of my problem because of my physical limitations I drive my boats from one stick on the 4 channel transmitter. When I get the right stick about half way up from neutral the Leopard motor start screaming at what sounds like full throttle. We have to then quickly disconnect the negative battery lead to stop the motor. To see if it would work on the left stick that would be used for flying airplanes on the throttle side it starts at idle and when the stick is moved up briefly to half or full throttle it makes the Leopard motor run correctly. At this point I am thinking about setting up my P-Spec Sport boat on the left stick to see how it works for my situation. If it goes well as I think it will then I may end up running the Q SGX the same way.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Any insight to my radio issue would be helpful.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Thanks Brad[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Follow the directions that came with the Swordfish, they are NOT plug and play! They must be programed to the radio! leave the timing on AUTO.

Jim,

Thanks for the heads up, I am trying to see if my fellow boater in my District has the directions. On offshoreelectrics it mentions that a USB programmer or LCD Program Box might be needed.

Brad

There should be a small disk that came with the controller if you bought it new. That is where the instructions were on all of mine. If not go to there website, they are there..

There is a program card for these also, only like $8. There is a series of DIP switches you set to configure the ESC, plug it in and power it up and press a program button and it blinks a LED to let you know it loaded. Simple and easy. Also check the calibration steps for the throttle. Needs rev. setting sometimes and 100% setting, linear on Tx. You may want to set the config for the cell count so it KNOWS the voltage is SHOULD be.

I have located the "Program Card" and "USB Programmer" on Offshoreelectrics. The next step is seeing if the boater friend of mine has the directions on disk. On Offshoreelectrics I tried searching for directions for my Swordfish Prop+ 200 ESC but have not located it by a general search or on the listed ad of the Sword Prop+200 ESC. I should mention that this ESC was new then installed into the boat.

Thanks Brad

Back