3.5 Seaducer Motor Choices

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happybradboating

At this point I am thinking about purchasing a newer design motor for my 3.5 Seaducer(s) and am wondering what everyone suggests. I currently have a 3.5 Mac & 3.5 CMB Red Head motor. I have ran the 3.5 Picco motors years back and had one more recent that turned out to be the best 3.5 Picco out of roughly 5 motors with some porting that only ran good in monos but would run poorly in a rigger. The Picco was flat ran hard with no more parts in my collection of stuff to do a decent rebuild on the motor.

Let the options roll!

Thanks

Brad

Brad you have what you need.. The Mac 21 with a OPS 3280 pipe at 8 in with a Sholund X440 or M440 will be really fast on 65%.. CMB 21 same thing they will both be really fast.. you can also Buy A CMB 21 VAC and that will also work very well same pipe and prop combo on 65%. if you want to go faster modify the engines and run a billet pipe then you will be flying ;-)

any other questions send me a PM..

julian

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been running 60% Red Max in my 3.5 Mac and 3.5 CMB Red Head. Since I posted my question I purchased a new 3.5 9-Port NovaRossi. I need to find time in the next 2 or 3 weeks to get the motor into either my SD2 or SD3 then break in the motor etc.

Brad

I have been running 60% Red Max in my 3.5 Mac and 3.5 CMB Red Head. Since I posted my question I purchased a new 3.5 9-Port NovaRossi. I need to find time in the next 2 or 3 weeks to get the motor into either my SD2 or SD3 then break in the motor etc.

Brad
"3.5 CMB Red Head"

Brad, is this the Valvola, or the RS with the wrap around header?

I have both the SD2 and SD3 33" and the SD3 pushes water. I live at roughly 4500 feet above sea level which creates power output challenges. The chopper prop is to much bite so for a long time I have been running 437/3 props with different cupping. In most weather conditions the 440/3 is too much prop. It was about a hand full of years ago or more that I had one of the best monos in our district. So now I am trying to get my 3.5 monos up to a better level with the boats in my area.

The MAC and CMB are a little off speed. It may be the motors I have are getting older or other people have found some more tricks to upping the speed.

Brad

I have both the SD2 and SD3 33" and the SD3 pushes water. I live at roughly 4500 feet above sea level which creates power output challenges. The chopper prop is to much bite so for a long time I have been running 437/3 props with different cupping. In most weather conditions the 440/3 is too much prop. It was about a hand full of years ago or more that I had one of the best monos in our district. So now I am trying to get my 3.5 monos up to a better level with the boats in my area.

The MAC and CMB are a little off speed. It may be the motors I have are getting older or other people have found some more tricks to upping the speed.

Brad
brass Headbutton and 7 3/4-8 inches Pipe set the engine to 6 Thousands and you will see the difference in power ALSO the 29'' SD3 seaducer is the best IMO.

Julian

Last edited by a moderator:
I run a 33" with a Nova 7 port w/OS 21D, carbon pipe from Jon T and X642. When she gets on the pipe it is a rocket.
RaceMechaniX I will have to agree with you I tested a few carbs all last year and when I dropped that OS 21D in my GO 7 port it was a rocket. I'm using Marks chopper prop with a macs 3.5 pipe and that thing flies. If I change that carb turns in to a slow dog. A smaller prop won't even help it. I run my pipe at 8 1/8.

Back