WTB: barometric/temp/humidity type Gauges for flow meter and digital Boris gauge

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toadstoys5

Supporting Member
hey guys what do I need in my trailer to be prepared to properly meter fuel for the Nitro stuff? I've got a couple of the older analog (old school) flow meters and looking to purchase the newer style digital version(s) also what about the gauges that could be mounted on the wall of the trailer or something like that to read humidity, temp, pressure etc.

Any suggestions where I can purchase such would be appreciated!

I am old school. I have an altimeter from an F4 phantom. I can watch the altitude change during the day. I never adjust the barometer setting. Lower the alt, the better the air. It normally sits around 250 feet at home. I have seen it got from -200 to 1200 in my racing career. I aslo have a barometer too.

I know there is some apps out there for the racing crews to watch air. Maybe someone else will chime in on those since I dont anything about them.

The Kestrel Racing weather instrument #5100 will give you all the #s you will ever want or need. It's expensive, around $300, made in America and used by racing Tuners around the country who believe weather info for their location is needed to properly tune their engines.
More than anything you need to understand what the impact is of things like air density and gpp readings to gain an edge over your fellow competitors who may not adjust their needles for weather changes.
Many RC racers that I have met don't use fancy instruments to get a good needle. They just know how to adjust for a cool morning vs a hotter afternoon to win races. It's your choice, watching other fellow racers can really help. Good luck

Last edited:
hey guys what do I need in my trailer to be prepared to properly meter fuel for the Nitro stuff? I've got a couple of the older analog (old school) flow meters and looking to purchase the newer style digital version(s) also what about the gauges that could be mounted on the wall of the trailer or something like that to read humidity, temp, pressure etc.

Any suggestions where I can purchase such would be appreciated!
From the Play Store, this works very well as a weather station...
Screenshot_20240517-085837.png

Kestrel also offers some very nice race weather stations...
Screenshot_20240517-090341.png
https://kestrelinstruments.com/kestrel-5100-racing-weather-meter

I use the airlab app for prop/pipe/tuning decisions, but your best freind for proper nitro tuning is having and knowing how to use a remote mixture control. Launch rich and tune in the mill. I prefer the fuel doctor barrel valve style over the needle style. My flow meter is only used for initial set up and diagnosis of the fuel system.

Back