3.5 outboards aussi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the turn bouys are still submerged does anyone have any ideas on what we can do get them back to the surface?

If we are going to try an 8 boat heat I reckon we should have at least 3 buoys showing at each end to keep us honest.

Regards,

James

James

Mate all should be sweet,at the pond.

A big thanks should go to (IAN W)

for going out last week and getting the bouys and pond

all sorted out so we can race this weekend.

Yes - Ian W reset the course this week as some bouys had moved off course and fixed up the submerged ones too. 5 bouys on each end. The course is now set at the proper distances etc and the bouy counterweights have been adjusted to allow for higher water levels should it flood again.

Gino - can you bring out some of that stick on lead weight you had heaps of? I will need some. About 8 or 9 oz actually! I hate setting boats up on race days but I don't want to miss out on another race day!

8 boat heat - bring it on! Should be fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent!

We all owe Ian a big THANK YOU!

I can see the excitement is building for a big OUTBOARDMANIA day on Sunday.

Regards,

James

Just a reminder guys but club and AMPBA memberships expired on the 30th of June, so if you haven't done so already - bring a membership form and the fees with you on Sunday.

8 boat heat ow that sound like FUN!! do we have enough lap counters?

Tim ive got some weight if Gino dosent have enough :p :p

8 or 9 ounces !!! Mate the boat's meant to float :lol: :lol: No worries mate, plenty of lead for that U-boat!!!

A big thanks to Ian W for his efforts during the week resetting the course, just one of the things we take for granted when we turn up to race - thanks mate

Looking forward to OUTBOARDMANIA!!!

Shame the rocket ship pilot couldn't make it - too many cocktails :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gino

And on the 7th day God Created .21 o/b tunnel - and it was all good

Hey Tim

I hear you didnt have any luck after i left on sundy :( any idea on the problem?? the prop didnt help it?

Did you stop it from filling up with water?? :p LOL!

Bryan,

Nah - couldn't get it to behave. Couldn't tune them by ear on the shore and when I ran on the water anything close to coming on pipe it would stall. I had very, very similar problems with my rigger so I'm thinking it could possibly be my fuel. It wasn't props or plugs as I tried all that on Sunday.

Going to have some new fuel for the next practice day and give that a try. Might also tear the engine down for a quick look - I had been revving it really hard last time out and it might be something mechanical. Doesn't explain the rigger tho'.

Reliability for me is just non-existant at the moment. The last 10 starts have all been DNF's.

Have not found the water leak yet - to be honest I haven't looked for it. Just drained the water out, flushed the engine and put it away. I Might have a look at it tonight.

Well that sucks aye!

Im glad i rchend up the green head coz i couldnt keep it on the water when i was the only boat on the water let a lone when there was another 7 of us! LOL! shes got some go that green head.

Lookn forward to havn the OS back at the next practice day.

and the mono to do some more testing on her. :p :p

hi all

well iv all most got the top speed fixed i sould get it off to

the painters on friday so i hope ill have it ready for next meet

its better then new now new transom new steering rods new paint

it will be to shiny to use :lol:

ian

hi allwell iv all most got the top speed fixed i sould get it off to

the painters on friday so i hope ill have it ready for next meet

its better then new now new transom new steering rods new paint

it will be to shiny to use :lol:

ian
Well done Ian, I'm glad to hear you were able to repair the damage!

Do you know who took the photos of the "Fly United" TS2's, it would be good to post it on here to show our friends how close we race "down under" :D :D ??

Regards,

James

not sure who took the photos but they would be good to post up here

i just hope murph has found a cowling im hopeing that the paint shop

has it painted in time

Ian, glad to hear that your boat is coming back together still mad at myself for hitting it....

Anyway the TS2 has been shelved for a little while but will be back.... I'm chasing a TS2 cowl if anyone has one in OZ otherwise I will grab one from Tower.

Murph its all good mate :lol: dont beat your self up over it no hard feelings here mate

these thing happen im just glad that both boats are fixable ;)

anyway ill drop the boat off in the morning at my paint guy and hopefuly ill have it

back befor friday :unsure: so i can get it back together for sunday

ian

Murph its all good mate :lol: dont beat your self up over it no hard feelings here matethese thing happen im just glad that both boats are fixable ;)

anyway ill drop the boat off in the morning at my paint guy and hopefuly ill have it

ian
It's all good..... anyway it's rev'd me up to get my new boat running now.

Murph its all good mate :lol: dont beat your self up over it no hard feelings here matethese thing happen im just glad that both boats are fixable ;)

ian
It's all good..... anyway it's rev'd me up to get my new boat running now.
So, give us the details on the new boat and when will we get to see it?????

Regards,

James

Back