3.5 outboards aussi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in. Maybe we can get together for a stint with the 3.5 o/b's Haven't "raced" for a while!!!!
Gino

Gino, that sounds like a plan to me! kick those gas guys off for 5 mins and have a 6 lap dash or somthing. im sure kesso would be up for that too. :D :D

Bryan,

Could you bring that linkage kit out for me please - not sure if I can make it to the pond yet tho'!

Tim.

Happy Birthday Greg!!! :D :D :D

Tim its in my toolbox waiting for you! B)

Could be wet on the weekend boys. dont forget a plastic bag for your radio! LOL :D

Ive decided to try the green head on the Villian LOL!! I think shell be a wild ride that one! HAHA! the ts2 will be my main aim but once sorted i wana try this thing. :)

Happy Birthday Greg, see you on Sunday. As a present we'll help clean all the cobwebs off the Villain.

Regards,

James

Cheers Guys

look forward to catching up sunday,

This rain keeps up we will need a boat to get to the drivers stand :lol:

Some fast 3.5's at Penrith yesterday........

and one lost cowl :( the last time out for "like a tiger". Time to seriously modify the WOF and "electrocute" it.

Work started on the new boat yesterday as soon as I got home from the pond. "Frankenstein" engine is on, fuel tank is built and in. Starting on radio box set-up next. It will great to have a boat that can go around corners consistently!

Last edited by a moderator:
Some fast 3.5's at Penrith yesterday........and one lost cowl :( the last time out for "like a tiger". Time to seriously modify the WOF and "electrocute" it.

Work started on the new boat yesterday as soon as I got home from the pond. "Frankenstein" engine is on, fuel tank is built and in. Starting on radio box set-up next. It will great to have a boat that can go around corners consistently!
Tim,

I'm looking forward to seeing the replacement for the WOF/Tiger hitting the water, it will be verrryyy interesting with that "Frankenfurter" engine on it.

On another note 3.5cc Outboard Tunnels almost dominated the Practice Day yesterday, 7 boats were running around and that was without Greg, MJ and Murph being there.

It should be a very competetive class this year, can't wait to see the Competitor List for the Winter Spectacular.

Regards,

James

James,

If my new boat handles anything like yours I'll be very happy. Your boat was awesome yesterday BTW - it impressed a lot of people. Just a shame our boats didn't perform in Finley like they did yesterday.

"Has that South's boat got a 7.5 on it?" :lol: :lol: :lol: That was the first thing I was asked by a club member when I got out of my car!

James,If my new boat handles anything like yours I'll be very happy. Your boat was awesome yesterday BTW - it impressed a lot of people. Just a shame our boats didn't perform in Finley like they did yesterday.

"Has that South's boat got a 7.5 on it?" :lol: :lol: :lol: That was the first thing I was asked by a club member when I got out of my car!
The little MAC performed faultlessly yesterday, it's been getting better every time I take it out! The set up works really well with the both 40x53 and the X637.

I finally got to try a few different props yesterday and it was interesting to see the differences. When we got the engine low enough to stop the 1440 B/C cavitating it was fast but a bit too "excitable" when I tried to turn. I put the 40x53 back on with the same prop depth and it was still too twitchy on the turns.

I lifted the engine height to get it back to the sweet turns with 40x53 and then tried the cut down X640. It was fast but it wasn't as smooth in the turns as the 40x53. I tried a stock M440 but couldn't get it to run for more than a 100 metres without stalling. I tried richening the mixture but still no go. I put the 40x53 back on and whoosh, off it went!! :D :D

Based on yesterday's experience there's potential for more speed with those props but they will require a lot more fine tuning to get the boat to handle like it does with the 40x53 and the X637. One thing I'm gunna have to work on is the red & green paint scheme , I'm not sure I want it referred to as the "Souths Boat"??? :huh: :huh:

One thing I'm gunna have to work on is the red & green paint scheme , I'm not sure I want it referred to as the "Souths Boat"??? :huh: :huh:
Put a big "Frosty Boy" sticker on the sides! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Team Frosty Boy. Often Licked, Never beaten!

Finley Joke - had to be there folks.....

frostyBoy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes kesso it was great to see the lil obs turning round the lake with such flat water. im a lil dissapointed that i couldnt get my os crankn. <_<

James i couldnt get any heat in the motor and it wouldnt come onto pipe. if i leaned it any more it stops and kills the plug. what do you think?? :blink:

i had it set beutiful on the water i lil high speed bounce but nothing too wild! :rolleyes:

Hey Bryan, sorry the first time out with the motor didnt go as planned. Here are a few ideas:

Run a smaller prop until you get closer to the set-up. The X442 I sent you is a great prop, but a little large for finding needles and set-ups. I would reccomend something smaller like a X437/3 or a X638 in the beginning.

Run atleast 50% fuel, not sure what you are running.

Run a K&B 1L plug.

Restrict the water cooling to get the temp up to around 160-200 Farenheit. Carefull though, you can easily over heat the Nickel sleeve in the XM.

Jack the motor up high. They tend to like to run much higher that most engines, they dont have a lot of torque, but love to rev out, that wont happen if its too deep. Send me a PM or email with your set-up info. We will get it figured out.

Did your buddy run his?

~James

HEY ALL

what a top day sunday was :p thats the best run iv had with my boat

it just needs a littel bit more work on the set side but other then that

all is good but i realy have to stop picking on those poor littel turn buoys ;)

but they shouldnt have said things about my mother :lol:

tim that realy sucked with your cowling those dam bouys must of had it in for you to ;)

i need to stop showing off with popping monos like that :p anyway

ian

Latest posts

Back