3.5 outboards aussi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Run a smaller prop until you get closer to the set-up. The X442 I sent you is a great prop, but a little large for finding needles and set-ups. I would reccomend something smaller like a X437/3 or a X638 in the beginning.
Run atleast 50% fuel, not sure what you are running.

Run a K&B 1L plug.

Restrict the water cooling to get the temp up to around 160-200 Farenheit. Carefull though, you can easily over heat the Nickel sleeve in the XM.

Jack the motor up high. They tend to like to run much higher that most engines, they dont have a lot of torque, but love to rev out, that wont happen if its too deep.
I think we did all of those things at the pond, but I think he went too lean on the needle while the motor was too low with too mch prop and didn't try leaning it again with a 1L plug with the motor up higher. I think if he tries it again with a hot plug and the motor height were I asked him to put it with a X438 or X637, he should be able to lean it down so that it will actually get on pipe. I personally checked the restriction in the water line and it should have been more than enough to get some temp in it, but it came back cold... (too rich/ not burning the fuel!!!)

Ian,

The cowl thing was a shame, but on the positive side it has kicked my @ss into gear on the new boat. Steering servo and linkages went in last night, and I should get the rest of the radio box done tonight if all goes to plan. Those white marker bouys are only there to hold the ropes up - when we have a race day we replace them with the slalom bouys for a reason - they are boat busters.

Grub should chime in any minute now and bag me out about cowls again - just watch this space :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim, can't help myself.

At least you didn't run over it a couple of times before it sank.

Those little outboards were honking. Tried to catch the "Souths" boat with my 3.5 Seaducer but they were identical in speed. I did notice you were throwing your boat in without the cowl, must have missed the sinking, but you obviously avoided the situation by not telling me.

What would the tunnel look like with a custom 3 litre Coke bottle affixed to it?

Yep - the "souths boat" was haulin'. James let me drive it for a few tanks and it handles corners like it's on rails!

You'd know more about the coke bottle cowl than me...... I think Mr. Chenco holds a patent on them or something :lol:

Hey Tim yeah what i was talking about was after we had put the 438 on it. with the motor up after we lifted it before youu left.

James ill email you shortly gota order some things too.

Speaking of Photos Check out my Myspace - myspace.com/ozbryan

Im still putting on photos! :p

Who's up for racing at Penrith on Sunday?New boat is ready minus paint...... ;)
Tim,

That's good news about the new boat, I'm looking forward to seeing it running, it will be a hot combo!

I'll be there and this time the HTB will have both steering rods connected to the servo arm. I was having a casual look at it on Saturday and found that the pin was missing from one of the clevises :eek: :eek: :eek:

I've also made some changes to the Seducer to stop the carby from coming loose. Hopefully, I'll now get some consistency with the mixture ;) ;)

See ya there bright & early,

James

HAHA James funny you say that actually thats what happened to my boat the other week. The clip had come off the servo arm! LOL! WHOOPS! :p

We now have confirmation from Tim, Bryan, Murph, Paul & me for racing on Sunday.

All we need now is for the water level to drop to allow the turn buoys to come back to the surface and for Gino, Greg, MJ, Outlaw & Doug to confirm their attendance and we will have a pretty interesting field for .21 Outboard Tunnel!!

Paul, what will you be running on Sunday?

See you there,

James

I will be running the Villan to race but I have been doing a lot of work on props for the Neminis so I will trying them too.

Hi All

Guys im definately in this weekend

Paul welcome back mate good to see,

look forward to catching up with everyone.

Greg

Deal me in!!!

Hopefully the wind will have disappeared by Sunday.

Welcome back Mr Stirton!

Looking forward to finally getting a race in

Gino

Gino

Mate pretty sure we will,

I think it will make better racing,also speed things along

a little to help during the day.

Greg

Latest posts

Back