3.5 Outboard Powerheads

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allen,

Your K&B is fast. Probably one of the fastest K&B's I've seen in a long time. David Hall had one in Huntsville a few years ago that ran like yours but as I found out years later, it had Rossi parts in it!

-Carl,

Allen,

Your K&B is fast. Probably one of the fastest K&B's I've seen in a long time. David Hall had one in Huntsville a few years ago that ran like yours but as I found out years later, it had Rossi parts in it!

-Carl,
but mine is all k&b no rossi parts here! it does have a set of racecraft bearings in it other than that the power head is k&b all the way

Hi Gang,

Thanks for the tips, I spent the weekend figuring out ECU fuel mapping with Vacumn Advance and Boost Retard Ign. Bibble....Bibble....... :wacko:

Short of drilling your nipples :eek: :p My last Rossi had a A/C head on it, But I do remember I liked the water pickup tube on the OS outboard.

Threaded piece bout 3mm on the bottom but the top was done like a main jet, closed off quite a bit and one could drill to suit a couple with quick change on tha cav plate.

Might have a deal going on a powerhead, Outta know here in a few,

Gene B)

Last edited by a moderator:
And so it goes, No News about headers. Them GD Irwin headers must be top secret,,I've checked into

the CMB OB headers but found out that they are cast 90 degrees off for the springs :blink:

This header "thing" is RE-DICK!

I've tried Mugen, Ofna, Traxxas and Precision Boats (too heavy but good fit),,, I think the "44 Mag"

is Next :lol:

Hey Jer,

Yeah I thought Jim might have said something, He may have missed it,

Did you want just the header or the header Muff, I thought it was one piece,

Gener ;)

And so it goes, No News about headers. Them GD Irwin headers must be top secret,,I've checked into

the CMB OB headers but found out that they are cast 90 degrees off for the springs :blink:

This header "thing" is RE-DICK!

I've tried Mugen, Ofna, Traxxas and Precision Boats (too heavy but good fit),,, I think the "44 Mag"

is Next :lol:

HEY JERRY , JUST WHAT HEADER YOU TALKING ABOUT /// if you are refering to the one in the pic.? HELL THAT ONE WAS ONE I MADE . AS YOU HAVE FOUND OUT . THESE DAMMED MFGRS DONT WANT ANY INTERCHANGABILTY , WHICH I FEEL IS BULL S----

Hey Jer,

Yeah I thought Jim might have said something, He may have missed it,

Did you want just the header or the header Muff, I thought it was one piece,

Gener ;)
Just the header Gene, I've asked Jim several times before :blink:

A jeweler friend of mine has developed a method of casting alum tube from tubular

jewlers wax,,,he can make any extruded shape out of jewlers wax. It's a Unbelievable

machine he has made,, a "one of a kind" machine with a sensitive heater and a hydraulic

"Ram" which provides over 2000lbs pressure,, the guy is a genius for sure.

May have to get the "pom poms" out to get him fired-up :lol:

Hit refresh Jer, He just reply'd :lol:

Yea your friends machine does sound KEWL!!! ;)

Neat idea,

Gener B)

Thanks Jim, Well there ya go, gotta make somethin' else for this friggin' hobby.

My jeweler friend wanted to make-up some exhaust pipes for custom Harley's :blink:

with embossed ,Flames or some Sh1t like that ,,, I may have to steer him ina new

direction. Once you have a mold made (which isn't hard for him) you can make as many as you like.

Here we go Again :(

Bing! Lite just went on, Dynamite car products has a 180 degree header with the silicone insert cheap, I sawed it in half and used it on a CMB and seems like a Rossi, Its a tight fit too,

Gener B)

The Hawg pipes with flames has already been done, HIGH DOLLAR!!

Round 600 for the pair!!!! :eek:

Bing! Lite just went on, Dynamite car products has a 180 degree header with the silicone insert cheap, I sawed it in half and used it on a CMB and seems like a Rossi, Its a tight fit too,

Gener B)

The Hawg pipes with flames has already been done, HIGH DOLLAR!!

Round 600 for the pair!!!! :eek:
$600 on Harley pipes and $60 on MAC/ TT Header,,,sounds like he'll break even on Both :lol:

Brought this back for some more specs and comments ;)

First question's are for JD,

Hey Jerry,

What lower worked best with tha TS2, K&B, Lawless,Wondering bout a "sweet spot" transom to drive dog measurement. Also what powerhead do you have on your Mod boat, Mac ?

Gener B)

10-4 on the Dynamite car header on a Mac to !!!

Butch

Hey Butchie,

Yea its a handy little item, Just cut it to what ever length ya need ;)

Gene :D

Hey Slidey, I looked on namba 8 site and didn't see any pics of "one" of JD's A-Mod boats.

Memorial Day this year he had a Mac back there but don't remember what the lower was,,

probably changed by now. :huh: I just had to say sumthin', since we both got kicked outa Oz.,,,cod licker's

:lol: :lol: :lol: Hey Jer,

Yea that was fun terrorizing their thred :p

Havent seen any pics of JD's stuff lately either,

Thanks for the info,

Gener B)

I ran my MAC on K&B lower unit.

Been busy building a new WOF 34 this week. Got the center section and sponsons done. Might get 'er joined this weekend. Will post a photo once I get it finished.

JD

Back