3.5 Outboard Powerheads

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id like to see tha pics Jer, Post away..... ;)

Gener B)

Last edited by a moderator:
The pic shows one of three engines that I've bought lately to attempt to get one operating on

a TT lower. This engine fits the TT pto bolt pattern perfect and is just a few thousandths from fittin

up the end of the Ofna.

The pullstart crankpin arrangement is a little different than I thought,, the pin is actually in the pullstart

mechanics and the crankpin has a hole where this pin goes. A pin is gonna have to be spotted in the

TT pto plate permanently.

The pto pin can't be permanently bonded inside the crankpin because the rod will never come off

or "go on" is more like it.

I'll see if I can add one to show the parts :blink:

WOW, I DON'T BELIEVE IT

Hmmmmmm....... I see what you mean about the pin,

Gener B)

Hmmmmmm....... I see what you mean about the pin,

Gener B)
Yeah, It's not a big pin either, it fits perdy loose in there,,it spins with that "fan thingy"aroun in there

wonder whats that all about. Sorta like a "Roto-Turbo" thingy,,and the crank already comes turbo'ed.

Sure get allot for $119,,, it's gonna be a crime to cut the aircooled head down to nuthin'.

The volume in the "bubble" looks like its low too, I'll have to check that.

I'll wait for the other two engines to arrive before I make my decision which one to tackle first and

it looks like I should start looking for a used car or truck that might need a new engine :lol:

Jerry

I've been a look'in for a .12-.15 NR copy..... What are the better web sites to look at ????

Butch ;)

Hey Butch, I've been all over the place lookin for info on car engines,,even went to a car site

RCNitroTalk.com. To tell you the truth I did read alot about,,and I think it was on that site,,alot

of discussion about the NR and I must tell you I didn't pay much attention cause I wasn't going to

spend that much money on an engine.

As for "a copy"? man I don't even know what that would be. I spent alot of time lookin for info about

the Ofna's and O.S.,, both those engines are well respected in the car/truck community from what I read

Hey Butchie,

Check out the "New .12 Engine" post on the General Forum ;)

Jer, Had no idea they were that cheap :eek:

Yea that is a lot for tha money,

Gener B)

Yeah I thought it was a good price, 'bout the same I paid for a similar engine 10 years ago, only

this one has alot more performance features. Compare to the TT>

Check out the difference where exhaust comes out in each motor, height wise

not sure exactly, but there is something wierd going on around where the water pickup tube is supposed to be? looks like another exhaust outlet or something on the muffler portion of it...

~James

not sure exactly, but there is something wierd going on around where the water pickup tube is supposed to be? looks like another exhaust outlet or something on the muffler portion of it...

~James
Gawd, That was fast! I expected some perdy "smartass" answers before anyone caught it,,

you can just imagine what those would be.

Way ta Go Top!

The pickup hasn't been put back in yet, it will have to offset a little to the right to stay outa the EX.

Latest posts

Back