.21 quiet pipes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TomMoorehouse

ok i have no idea what to do for a .21 quiet pipe this year..... what is everyone else doing? This would be for a rigger.

I have an andy brown .21 quiet pipe..... but honestly i did not find it very quiet. it would be acceptable at races i'm sure but..... Also I found my speed was down significantly.... keeping in mind I did not have a lot of tuning time with it before it got cold.

I have the andy brown .21 nitro pipe and liked it...... any tips on how to make it quiet without loosing much speed??

Thanks for your ideas,

Tom Moorehouse

I don't know how to answer your question, but I just wanted to say,

Welcome back!!!!

Hammer

If you're having problems with Andy's pipe, give him a call or e-mail. I'm running an Irwin and a Rossi pipe on the Niagara and haven't decided which one I like best yet. A friend of mine has some CMB TT pipes, one on a Finch Wild Thing and the other on a Hawk 'rigger. They are really quiet and the price is nice too at around $38.00 a pop.

Tom,

I have run several of the 21 quiet pipes out there. All tests were perfomed in a microburst mono with NR power.

The CMB pipe is the quietest of all of them. I personally like Andy's pipe the best, and would be willing to purchase yours from you, if you remain unhappy. I have found that Andy's pipe needs to be significantly shorter than the others. FYI: I believe John Brown run's his (on a MAC of course) at 7-3/8"!

The Irwin has a nice note and is quiet, but seems to perform better in a hydro than a mono.

For me Andy's is the current favorite. If you like Andy's nitro pipe, I would sick with it, and try to quite it down...Mike Hughes makes custom add-on cans as does Tim Fulton. I have heard people having success using the heli elbows for noise abatement.

FWIW...Rick

Hi Rick. I just purchased one of Andy's 21 quite pipes and will have it on a Nova/Seducer combo. The water is still hard here and I'm going to Houston for a race in March. Would you share what length you are at on your mono as I won't have any run time on it when I get there and probably no practice time. Any info would be appreciated. Bill

Tom,

I thought the andy brown nitro pipe sneaks under the noise regulations? If not a little can attached to the back should fix that. Lot of after market cans available. (look closely at my avatar and you may see one on the back of my Seaducer)

EMS Racing

Bill,

You have to cut alot off this pipe! I would start at 3" plug to weld. You can get to 2.75" but start at 3-3.25". 3.5" is way too long!

This pipe gets difficult to couple as you have to cut into the taper. Mine measures 4.25" from the cut to the weld.

This pipe stages very early, <1/2 throttle.

Rick

the pipe is totally legal in impba.... ive only had it at the pond 2X. it is in a hawk rigger with 7.812" from weld to plug on a mac motor.

I plan on running (hope more like it) 2 .21 riggers this year for testing one with a NR and one with a MAC.... ill likely keep the mac pipe on the mac motor.... i was looking mostly for the NR.

any ideas.... is that too long?

Tom,

Thats shorter than on my MAC, but mine is in a Seaducer so I would expect mine to be a little longer...

EMS Racing

Hi Rick. Thanks. I was a little confused at first but if I read it right you are at about 7 1/2 inches from the plug to the weld at the high point of the pipe? If my memory is right I think I bought a Rossi 3.5 outboard power head from you. Excellent engine although I only ran it a couple of times and my good boat was lost. Don't ever play with a large gas mono. Blew over in front of him and the rest is history. Lucky not to lose the engine to. Have a good one. Bill

Bill,

Glad your happy with the Rossi...you should run 49-50 with it. Just watch for the sleeve to go...it will become obvious.

Actually, the measurement I have is 5" + the plug to weld measurement. That is 3" would be 8" and 2.75" would be 7.75". Am I making sense? That is, I run that Brown pipe at 7.875"-7.75".

OK?

Rick ???

Back