2014 NAMBA nitro/gas Nationals

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's been a Joe Monohan sighting!!!

Joe and his wife, Linda, stopped by our home this afternoon on their way north to the NAMBA Nats.

According to Joe since he already knows everything there is to know about racing nitro tunnel boats, he's interested in checking out Darin Jordan's 6 lap, 1 mile record holding P Limited Tunnel. Ya gotta love this "Monohanism" - "If he's faster than me, he must be cheating."
default_huh.png

JD
Interesting. ... we shall see ...

Now wait a minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are running without me?????????????????? THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another great day of open water! It has been very nice getting to meet folks that I have talked and PM'd with over the years!!! I have seen some impressive boats!

The guys have done an AWESOME job with everything so far...it gonna be a fantastic event I think.

GQ

So what time does the racing start in the morning? I'd like to see some of the action before I have to head out

Great first day!!! Check out the water conditions in the background of this picture of the .12 hydro winners. It was like this all day!!

GQ
I have to agree, it was a great day of racing with awesome water conditions all day. Thanks for all you do for us Glenn you really make it happen.Nice photo by the way.

Great first day!!! Check out the water conditions in the background of this picture of the .12 hydro winners. It was like this all day!!

GQ
I have to agree, it was a great day of racing with awesome water conditions all day. Thanks for all you do for us Glenn you really make it happen.Nice photo by the way.
Thanks Jim! You guys are a blast to hang out with...I've had a great time during my time in the NW! I hope we have the same conditions all week! Yeah Donna took the picture when we were doing the pics for the other deal.

GQ

Jim,

I heard Jim Wilson did quite well in Sport 21.

Tomorrow Jim is going to run his Sport 21 against 21 Hydros.

Should be interesting.

Jim tells me the Punch Fuel and the CMB Beta-21 engine were

a great combination today.

Nice job everyone,

Mark Sholund

Jim,

I heard Jim Wilson did quite well in Sport 21.

Tomorrow Jim is going to run his Sport 21 against 21 Hydros.

Should be interesting.

Jim tells me the Punch Fuel and the CMB Beta-21 engine were

a great combination today.

Nice job everyone,

Mark Sholund
Hi Mark, Yes Jim did very well winning sport 21. I had the pleasure of co driving for him and I think we made a good team and yes his combination is working very well also. I also placed second in 1/2 A hydro with one of your props, if my motor was running better I may have had a better chance but I am happy with it.

Jim

Does anybody know anything about the P-Spec Outboard Tunnel class? They should be running today. I hear there should be a couple of really fast guys there in that class.

-Carl

Carl,

Three hours time difference.

I am sure we will know more later tonight.

I will get a report from some of my customers out at the event.

Hope you got out today to test one of those new Thor Tunnel boats?

I am heading out to the water now, after dinner nitro fix!!!

Enjoy,

Mark Sholund

Carl,

Three hours time difference.

I am sure we will know more later tonight.

I will get a report from some of my customers out at the event.

Hope you got out today to test one of those new Thor Tunnel boats?

I am heading out to the water now, after dinner nitro fix!!!

Enjoy,

Mark Sholund
Mark,

Looks like we pulled a first place in 7.5cc. GREAT JOB ERIC!!! Lets see what else gets put on the table.

I just got another call, it sounds like we pulled 1st place in P-SPEC O/B Tunnel too. GREAT JOB DARIN!

-Carl

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark,
Looks like we pulled a first place in 7.5cc. GREAT JOB ERIC!!! Lets see what else gets put on the table.

I just got another call, it sounds like we pulled 1st place in P-SPEC O/B Tunnel too. GREAT JOB DARIN!

-Carl

Thanks, Carl. It was a good day, and the Lynx is a GREAT boat!

I want to THANK the District 8 crew for going all out on a terrific race venue and a 1st class event. Even with the rather small turn-out this season, they haven't spared a thing. The drivers stand is excellent. The course is great. The site is perfect. The event is precisely well organized and being run with superlative efficiency and with NAMBA safety rules at the forefront of consideration.

As for the P-LTD OPC Tunnel race... After only finishing one heat in P-Mono yesterday, I wanted to have a better showing today. Relaxed, drove smart (Thank you Dick Crowe for the advice way back in 2006: "Only drive as fast as you need to to win"), and was able to win the first three heats.

Then, with that wrapped up (2nd place was mathematically out with only 550pts... yeah... the wind caught up to several of these guys), I decided to lay one down to put a stamp on the class... Sorry guys... I couldn't help myself, and the weather laid down just perfectly, so, the throttle got pulled.
default_cool.png
I think I lapped the 2nd place boat about lap 5... Unfortunately, the timing computer didn't catch the heat time. Based on past events, I would guess it was in the mid 1:30's... probably around a 1:35-36... Either way, it was fun.

I would also like to thank Eric Bourlet, Mike Hughes, Kelly Groul, Jerry Dunlap, and Brian Buass. Without their help on setup, props, driving tips, and general encouragement, there is no way I'd be in this position today. I appreciate the friendship and support more than you guys will ever know.

I'm wish I could be there the rest of the week, but work calls. I really need to get some Nitro boats on the shelf so I can more fully participate in the District 8 package! They really have a good thing going.

Jerry said he took a bunch of pictures, which I'm sure will start showing up soon. Looking forward to seeing those! I've attached just a few pictures here that I managed to shoot.

OH, and also... Mike McKnight... You have the COOLEST Announcers voice I've heard! Truly a pro!!

Oh, yes... I think it was helpful. Right up to the point when the drive shaft snapped!
default_smile.png

Such is racing!

Don,

Jim took 4th in 21 Hydro with his Sport 21 boat.

Just got off the phone with him today.

Mark Sholund

Back