2013 Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty Shallenberger

The 2013 Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship is taking place October 5th and 6th at Twin Lakes Park in Arlington Washington. We are planning on having open water for testing on Friday the 4th starting at 12:00 pm.

This year we will be running four classes of Scale Hydroplanes 1/8 Scale nitro, 1/7 Scale Electric, Gas Scale Hydro and the Semi Scale stock motor Classic Thunderboats. If you have any questions about the race or need to know if your boat will be legal in its respective class please contact us. Race information can be found at www.pnwta.org

If you are interested in donating products or would like to be a class sponsor please contact us.

Marty Shallenberger

[email protected]

425-672-1634

The 2013 Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship is taking place October 5th and 6th at Twin Lakes Park in Arlington Washington. We are planning on having open water for testing on Friday the 4th starting at 12:00 pm.

This year we will be running four classes of Scale Hydroplanes 1/8 Scale nitro, 1/7 Scale Electric, Gas Scale Hydro and the Semi Scale stock motor Classic Thunderboats. If you have any questions about the race or need to know if your boat will be legal in its respective class please contact us. Race information can be found at www.pnwta.org

If you are interested in donating products or would like to be a class sponsor please contact us.

Marty Shallenberger

[email protected]

425-672-1634
Marty, how much to sponor the nitro class? I should be all settled in up there in WA by then so I might be able to stop by the race for awhile.

GQ

Hi Marty, I have a 1/12 Pro Boat 2005 elstrom elam with a .15 engine. does this qualify for the semi-scale class? what is "Semi-Scale" class? I could not find anything at NAMBA

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi John,

Your Pro Boat does not fit any of the classes that they are running this year, but please come watch even if you don't have a boat to run. The "Semi-Scale" class is the gas (read weed eater motor) Classic Thunderboat class. If you would like to run your boat with like boats you can come to a District 8 race. There is one this weekend in Longview and another one September 21/22 at Twin Lakes. You can find the schedule at www.namba8.com

What is the boat in your avatar? A gas scale?

My boat is the 2000 Elstrom Ellam Pluss. I had a great tune on it last weekend and I was plenty fast to win heats BUT, the piston gave out. What a drag. I can't believe what happened and I don't know why. It's frustrating.

so I now know that my one-twelve Ellam cant run in the semi-scale class, but I still don't know what is a semi-scale class. Marty explained in a phone message but it broke up so I only got that my little baot doesn't qualify. What is semi-scale?

John,

Look in NAMBA Rule Book Under Classic Thunderboat. I assume Semi - Scale would mean that it meets the requirements of Classic Thunderboat, and also has a scale appearing paint job. CHEERS !!! Bob

Looks like I confused some by calling the NAMBA Classic Thunder Boat Class "Semi Scale"... I was trying to make sure everyone understood the difference between the NAMBA Classic Thunder Boat Class and the NAMBA Gas Scale Class as I get a lot of questions about the different classes. If you have any questions about the race or the different classes please contact me directly at [email protected]

Marty Shallenberger
www.pnwta.org

Hey Marty,

Looks to me that you have them all pretty well covered. !/8th Scale Nitro, 1/7th Scale Electric, 1/6th Gas Scale, and Classic Thunderboat also. I am very interested to see what kinds of numbers you have for each of the classes.

For the first time in years, it looks like I'll finally attend a race that has a good number of 1/8th Nitro Scale and Sport 40 boats (20+ each) entered - - Kohlmeyer Classic, Evansville, IN. These are the best numbers I've seen since I left CA in 1996. Really looking forward to it. Just a long drive.

Is the Olde Goat from San Marcos coming up this year?? CHEERS !!! Bob

NW Scale Hydroplane Race Update-

I'm happy to announce that we have added NAMBA 1/8 Scale Electric Class to this years race.

Please see below for updated race information-

The 10th Annual Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship is taking place October 5th and 6th at Twin Lakes Park in Arlington Washington. Currently we are planning on having open water for testing on Friday the 4th. There will be very little time for testing on race days so please take advantage of Fridays open water.

This year we will be running four classes of Scale Hydroplanes, Gas Scale Hydro, 1/8 Scale Nitro, 1/8 Scale Electric and 1/7 Scale Electric. We will also be running the NAMBA Classic Thunderboat class. If you have any questions about the race or need to know if your boat will be legal in its respective class please contact me at [email protected]

Race Schedule:

Friday - Open Water

Saturday - 1/7 Scale Electric will run all preliminary and final heats - Gas Scale, 1/8 Scale Nitro, 1/8 Scale Electric will run three or four preliminary heats

Sunday - Classic Thunderboats will run all preliminary and final heats - Gas Scale, 1/8 Scale Nitro and 1/8 Scale Electric will run the rest of their preliminary heats and all finals.

Marty

Hey Marty,

Looks to me that you have them all pretty well covered. !/8th Scale Nitro, 1/7th Scale Electric, 1/6th Gas Scale, and Classic Thunderboat also. I am very interested to see what kinds of numbers you have for each of the classes.

For the first time in years, it looks like I'll finally attend a race that has a good number of 1/8th Nitro Scale and Sport 40 boats (20+ each) entered - - Kohlmeyer Classic, Evansville, IN. These are the best numbers I've seen since I left CA in 1996. Really looking forward to it. Just a long drive.

Is the Olde Goat from San Marcos coming up this year?? CHEERS !!! Bob

Yes - The "Old Goat" is coming - He has called every race since we started this 10 years ago... Just keep driving to Seattle when you get done in Evansville for the big show :)

Marty

I finally found at NAMBA Thunder Boat semi-scale rules. So now what I'm not able to find a definition of is: what is a "Step Deck" boat?

and so I also have the question of: Marty, does my Oly Boat quality for the semi-scale class?

Thanks Hydro Junkie. the pic is a perfect example. So, that means that my Oly Beer Boat is not eligable for the semi-class. Bummer, i was hoping i could race 2 class. but instead i guess i'll race 2 boats in the same class. hee hee! This is going to be a blast!!!!!! :D

Thanks Hydro Junkie. the pic is a perfect example. So, that means that my Oly Beer Boat is not eligable for the semi-class. Bummer, i was hoping i could race 2 class. but instead i guess i'll race 2 boats in the same class. hee hee! This is going to be a blast!!!!!! :D
John- The Oly hull is a pickle fork so right there it doesn't fit Classic T-Boat class - Good news is that you can run both the the Oly and the E-Lam in the Gas Scale Class and I will be running my Bud T-6 and my 8255 Coors at the NW Scale Champ race. Maybe you can get Paul Jackson to run the Oly for you. --- What parts do you need to get them both on the water...

Marty

Hi Marty, i got ALL my engine together and ready to run. (500 bucks later, ugh!) It looks real nice having all my engine stands full of working motors, as you can emagine. so this is the last go arround with the 30RZ motor. if they don't hold up, I will restock my boats with something else. I didn't get the mod motor parts this time. i sure can see the difrence between the mod motor and the stock motor. It's no wonder they couldnt hold up to my abuse and stupiddity.

Havent talke to Jackson yet. Maybe he will drive for me, we'll see. I plan on running both boats this weekend and for the championship. See you in the pits.

P.S. thanks for the offer for parts to get me running. If there is anything I can do for you, don't hessitate!

If any body needs help or a driver/crew guy I'm available I'm Only running 1/8 scale with 1 boat and live close to the Lake. Greg

I'm available to drive if anyone needs. ;)

If any body needs help or a driver/crew guy I'm available I'm Only running 1/8 scale with 1 boat and live close to the Lake. Greg
It would be excitting to have you guys drive one of these big gassers. The problem for me is that both my boats run on the same radio. if i can get seperate radios for each boat, there may be a chance for new qualified drivers to experience a fast gasser and then you know you will want one. I'll wor on that on the off season in hopes of next season.

John, let me throw a thought at you. I'm assuming you live in western Washington so, if you're not busy this weekend, the local scale and gas clubs will be racing at Twin Lakes Park in Marysville. If you bring out your boats, we will probably be able to answer your questions and possibly let you throw a boat on the water on Saturday

John, let me throw a thought at you. I'm assuming you live in western Washington so, if you're not busy this weekend, the local scale and gas clubs will be racing at Twin Lakes Park in Marysville. If you bring out your boats, we will probably be able to answer your questions and possibly let you throw a boat on the water on Saturday
Thanks Mark, ah- i mean Hydro Junkie, i will be there in hopes of running my boats. I know you guys are a good bunch and always welcome new racers. I'm concerened though that the facility is big enough for my super fast boats. I need a lot of room and i don't want anyone in the lake when I run and it is so fast that i fear that i will not be allowed to race because I exceed the lakes max speed limit. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . LOL, OK-i'm full of crap. the truth is that I am a member of the PNWTA, I'm also known as the runAmuk Racer and i race the 2000 Elam Plus and i race my newly aquired, from Marty, the Olympia Beer. My Elam has been getting faster all season but when I hit a new leavel of speed, the motor blows up. some times its my fault and other times it's not. (frustrating) I am ready for the next 2 weekends of racing and I'm super ready for this weekend. Please introduce yourself when you see me there so I can place the face with the name. I'm sure i've seen you at the lakes at one time or another.

Boog-a-dee, boog-a-dee, boog-a-dee boys (and girls), let's go racin'!

Back