2013 Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship Results and Photos

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty,

No Joy from Big Al-ville pics. Your secrets are safe - for the moment. Har, Har !!! CHEERS !!! Bob

Hey Marty,

My pleasure my Friend. I think this thread has been good for Gas Scale and all Scale boats in general. It does pay to advertise, especially when this forum is so readily available. Seems a shame to have IW available and not use it to promote the hobby.

I wasn't trying to add to your work load. Was simply curious if the old ER/CU is still running the 1/10 hulls that were so prolific there in the PNW, or, if they had moved on to the 1/7th Scale boats.

"..... 31cc running 2" exhausts -" I'm gonna need pics of that. I'm well read, but haven't seen that large an exhaust as yet. Are they available from where???

I'm glad to hear your site will be updated . It is a most valuable resource. Especially after you taught me to use it properly.

So Steve will soon be up to his eye balls with Gas Scale hulls to make molds for. The Lad will need to move into a warehouse soon. I was surprised that no one was running the Gas Scale Steve presently produces from Roger's plug.

I had an interesting conversation with Big Al a couple years back. He informed me that shipping his Feecraft Classic Thunderboat (CT) cross country was about one half the cost of shipping his BIG Greed hull the same distance. If this keeps up, we'll need our own trucking company to haul boats cross country.

Al also informed me that he took pics at #10 and that I'll have them maybe Wednesday. I'll be looking for the pics of the bottom of your Coors in that data dump. Marty. I tried to tell you: "He's sly and devious, and under no circumstance should be trusted." Har, Har !!! That statement came from an old Navy Watch Officer's manual referring to enlisted men. For those of us that were both - I consider it an extreme compliment. Then there were Chief Petty Officers to keep young JOs out of the deep Kimchi. CHEERS !!! Bob

attachicon.gif
249160312-XL.jpg
attachicon.gif
David_Newton_thunderboat_website-266x408.jpg

The TEMPO is now retired on display in my dinning room. It last ran in 2012 Columbia Cup. John

Thanks John.

I knew you had the boat, I was just surprised there were no others racing at the Scale Championships since it is the only glass hull currently available for the Gas Scale class.

Looks like your U-95 was pickin' 'em up and puttin' them down. Good to see the class growing. I was at the Kohlmeyer Classic race in Evansville 21 - 22 September and was pleased to see 6 boats entered and racing there. Another - Jeff Austin's U-31 7931 Circus Circus didn't run because of an engine issue - not back from repair for the race.

I hear that Mike Schlindler is building an MLB 7207/7474 for next year, and I may get off the dime and build one also for the Sept 2014 race. I'm working with a new nitro scale now, and want to get my Classic Thunderboat (CT) worked out better before I start another gasser. I see a Little Red Wagon to haul the CT around on in my immediate future. Either that or a younger, two man working party - Har, Har !!! I'm calibrated for 1/8 Scale size on the high end for the present, will start a work out program to recalibrate for the bigger classes I guess. CHEERS !!! Bob

Thanks, Yes the U-95 works really well. She gets some cosmetic repair and put on the shelf with the Tempo. Next season I will have the 73 Pak (Winged wonder) as my Gas Scale. along with The 71 Country Boy 1/8 scale nitro and the 80 Griffon Bud 1/8 scale FE. I have a busy winter.

Hey John,

Man, you are a lot more ambitious than I. I built two 1/8th scale 8255 hulls through the Fall/Winter of 2006. One was for my buddy, Rick - the other was mine. Rick had his painted and racing for 2007 season. Mine sat around sealed until late 2012, finally I painted it and started testing in March for it's first race in April. Did I mention that I do not like to paint?? My hull has raced twice now. Rick's is well seasoned, and he's considering new livery form 2014.

My backup Scale boat is an 8255 U-55 Oberto that last raced at the 2010 NAMBA Nats in Reserve, LA. It was new for the 2001 Winter Nats, so it is much like an old pair of slippers - comfortable, what you see is what you get. The Houston is much like a new puppy. All over the place, and needs a lot of training - Har, Har !!!

I did build a MHR 6466 U-66 Miss Liberty a couple years ago, it is painted, and I'm rigging it getting ready to test now. This one has really shocked my Friends in the timely progression of build to test. Maybe I'm getting more dedicated in my old age - - - NOT.

OK, I was taunted into building it by a Friend in Northern Florida who is in the process of rebuilding a 108 year old house he had moved to his property last year. So much for his timely build of a 7171 Atlas - - Right, Dave???

I'm looking forward to seeing your new boats for 2014. CHEERS !!! Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Back