2012 Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike Lakusta (Miller) and David Newton (Bud), fighting for a lane.....

69065_506994899310989_434554452_n.jpg

The fastest boat in the gas class......blew over big time in the final, while leading. The $ bill
I know, and I couldn't even stick the landing. :rolleyes:

Great pics!!!

Dave did a great job of closing the deal in the final. Mr. Consistent all day.

All I can say is I had a fantastic time last weekend. It was the first big scale race I've competed at. All around a great event. Great heats to drive in and lots of fun to spectate. The overall quality of racing was very impressive.

Lohring, thanks for letting me beat up your new toy. :D

The $ Bill had a total of about 3 bags of fuel through it before the first heat. We had just enough time on it to trust that it would stick in the corners and ran great at full throttle (let's not talk about the progression of parts that rattled loose from round to round). I made a throttle related driving mistake in the final and blew it off in fine style. All I could do was have a good laugh about it. New boat blues, we'll get it dialed in for next year.

Learned quite a bit about engine and prop needs for the class. We had a good starting point and I have a pretty good idea of what direction to go now. It's going to be interesting to watch this class grow. Who's going to be the first to put one of the new CMB's in one?

Now I'm just trying to find a good reason not to build one over the winter. Hey Phil, how much are those 8255 cowls?

Brian, it was fun watching that boat run.... I was video'ing the final and it blew over right in front of me....got it all on video....which is on facebook, soon to be on youtube, then here. :)

Great video! Thanks for posting it.

Four flips and no damage! Lohring built a tough boat.

It's fun to be able to go back and figure out what you did wrong. At least I know what the mistake was.

Time to get it ready for the 2-lap in November.

John Olsen's Gasser in the groove...... ;)

317145_518318971511915_1137201337_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
David Newtons gas boat in a heat with Gumby up front and Pokey in the rear.....

21920_519191628091316_767591778_n.jpg

very rough water.....soft sand....

485882_507476725929473_437820369_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back