2011 World OB Tunnel Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mike, i'd love to BUT, the transmission in my wife's car took a dump :( . now i get to spend sat. evening & sunday pulling it & overhauling it. can't fuss too loud (except the timing SUX), only has 311,000+ miles on it........ no time for my stuff, much less learning a new hull & power system. i'll be finishing rigging some hulls at the pond in c-town. be there wednesday afternoon, god willing & the creek don't rise ;) .

mike, i'd love to BUT, the transmission in my wife's car took a dump :( . now i get to spend sat. evening & sunday pulling it & overhauling it. can't fuss too loud (except the timing SUX), only has 311,000+ miles on it........ no time for my stuff, much less learning a new hull & power system. i'll be finishing rigging some hulls at the pond in c-town. be there wednesday afternoon, god willing & the creek don't rise ;) .
311,000 miles, should still be under warranty, huh. :p You know how to get your monies worth, don't you Robin. :D

No problem bro. Sorry about the car situation. It seems everyone in the club is going to their first event this year with new boats and no test' n tune time. George emailed me yesterday asking if I was going down to the pond on Saturday so he can get his 1/8th scale in the water before Greenbrier. I bet you know what my answer was. Same story for the last six weeks. RAIN, RAIN, RAIN. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
311,000 miles, should still be under warranty, huh. :p You know how to get your monies worth, don't you Robin. :D
alice has had 3 91 - 93 version mitsubishi galants 2 dohc gs model & the current sohc ls. between the 3 she has racked up 781,000 miles!!! we have 2 others, you've seen my mini van (239,000) & i have a '88 4wd truck (261,000), i've had good luck with mitsu's.

well, my good luck with mitsubishi's just hit a pothole......replaced an internal transmission part over the weekend. was fine for maybe 50 miloes. apparently the kickdown drum splines stripping are just a symptom of the real problem. did this same repair at 190,000 miles, now at 311,000. oh well, no wtc for me, outta time & money. the wife ain't driving the "farm/snowplow" truck for 5 days while i'm off racing, i didn't even go there :p ......... hagerstown D-12 race, here i come, that's only an hour away.

Robin, sorry to hear about the issues with the car and not being able to go to this race. I am glad to hear that you will be going to hagerstown though, I wont be there for open water, cannot take off that Friday, but will be there early in the am on Saturday to set up. cutting back to 4 gasoline classes and bringing the FE p spec tunnel to run for the first time!!!!! Don't laugh at me too hard, hell, as small as it is I wount be able to see it on the pond most likly!!!! LOL

We will miss ya Robin. Hope all gets straightened out!

I will be there about daylight in the morning. The raffle boats have turned out nice with the metal flake stripe on the cowls. One is red the other is purple. Purple metal flake is really sharp looking. See ya there.

Tell the TBM not to park in MY SPOT!! :lol:

thanx everyone for the sentiments. i'm missin' not being there, the atwells said it best when they described the wtc as a big ol' family reunion. 'nuff said B) ! race hard & have fun!!

Please remember that we ran 6 rounds of racing and the top 5 scores were computed for the final score. So do not rely soley upon the raw score posted on RCRacingEvents.com.

Got home a couple hours ago after a 6 hour drive. Visited with Tammy and the kids (Buzzy and Mr. Wiggles). Just wanted to thank CMB for a great weekend of racing. Made some new friends and had a great time. Special thanks to Shane for being my pitman all weekend, Steve Hearl for the use of his servo and Randy Premo for the Dew fix. I'm already looking forward to next year. See ya'll at the 2011 Fall Nats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got home a couple hours ago after a 6 hour drive. Visited with Tammy and the kids (Buzzy and Mr. Wiggles). Just wanted to thank CMB for a great weekend of racing. Made some new friends and had a great time. Special thanks to Shane for being my pitman all weekend, Steve Hearl for the use of his servo and Randy Premo for the Dew fix. I'm already looking forward to next year. See ya'll at the 2011 Fall Nats.
Stock up on the "dew and ribs" for me!

Latest posts

Back