2011 World OB Tunnel Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Knight

The final preparations for the 2011 World OB Tunnel Championships, hosted by the Charleston Model Boaters, dates of Apr 29 - May 01, have been completed. The race will commence on Friday (Apr 29) at 12 noon and will run through Sunday May 01 and should be completed about 3 pm (our goal at least). We will run 4 rounds of heat racing and if time and opportunity avails itself we will run a 5th round and/or look to do some fast lap competitions. Open uncontrolled water all Wednesday, controlled open water all Thursday and Friday morning from 8-11 for the late arrivals. There are 12 classes being offered for the race. The PDF attached file notes 11 classes but there are 12.

Jeni Johnson is the race registrar for the race and all entries will go through her. Entries will be taken one of two ways:

1. By using the RcRacingEvents website and software created by Bill Britton of FLA. The website is http://www.rcracingevents.com Click on the weblink, look on the left sidebar under Race Control, then online race registration, scroll down for the Tunnel Championships race, click on it and follow the instructions. Each racer will enter their own classes and notate their frequencies. You can make changes to classes, add and delete, change frequencies,etc., on your own. No need to contact Jeni. Paypal payment is the preferred method of payment but checks can be accepted if mailed directly to Jeni. All check payments for entries are due by 01 April. Race deadline is Saturday April 16. THIS IS THE PREFERRED METHOD OF ENTERING BY ALL RACERS AND THE WEBSITE SHOULD BE AVAILABLE FOR ENTERING TOMORROW, FEB 7.

2. By mail using the old mail entry method. The entry form is attached. Payment is REQUIRED when you are mailing in your entry.

For those that watched the Winternationals race in Orlando last weekend on MeTime could follow the race and the heat scoring through RcRacingEvents. The CMB wants to leverage off that excellent performance. MeTime is planning on a web broadcast of the race as usual.

Take a look at the entry flyers as page 2 has the motel and directions info and pages 3 & 4 have the info about the FE class specs.

This race will be race #2 of the STORM/STRA tunnel race series. Mic Halbrehder is planning on something special in support of the series and he will announce it.

John

CMB_2011_Tunnel_Entry_Form_11.pdf

CMB_2011_Tunnel_Entry_Form_11.doc

Attachments

• CMB_2011_Tunnel_Entry_Form_11.pdf
    169.5 KB · Views: 62
  • CMB_2011_Tunnel_Entry_Form_11.doc
    52.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited by a moderator:
just tried to enter, last step said "we're sorry, your entry cannot be processed because race organizer has not provided critical information" - contact jeni johnson. what's up? i'll try to call her tonight. also, when it asked for association id, i entered my IMPBA #, which ends in "S". then i got an error message saying that association id cannot include letters, only numbers. help, please.

just tried to enter, last step said "we're sorry, your entry cannot be processed because race organizer has not provided critical information" - contact jeni johnson. what's up? i'll try to call her tonight. also, when it asked for association id, i entered my IMPBA #, which ends in "S". then i got an error message saying that association id cannot include letters, only numbers. help, please.
All

There was a slight mis-communication between John and Jenni. As soon as the paypal address is supplied to Jenni, the entry form will be available.

Bill

Hey Gang

Anyone wanting to sign up on rcRacingEvents please give me another day before doing so. I am waiting on one last little bit of information to publish our entry form. I have spoken to Anthony our president and I hope to have it tonight or tomorrow. Until I get the info I have requested, you can not use the program even if you want to just enter using the program and mail in your payments. Sorry for the delay. This is a great program and I hope you all will use it to enter the race. jeni

Sorry for the delay. I have been waiting for the paypal address and until I get it I cannot publish the race. If you want to pm me with your info I will put it in for you. Hope to have this worked out by tomorrow. jj

Hey Gang

Bill helped set up rcRacingEvents so you can sign on now. We still have to get a paypal address in but I can take your entries and just hit mail button. He has also corrected the button so you can put your IMPBA letters in along with the numbers. I will try to get a paypal address in there tomorrow. Thanks guys. jj

Hey Gang

Paypal has been added to rcRacingEvents for the racers signing up that want to use it. Thanks and we are looking forward to seeing everyone at the race. jj

The STRA thanks CMB for participating again in the STORM series. This is the "Daytona" of the series. Tying in our awards process we are going to establish and provide a "Top Gun" award for this race. So one more "bracelet" will be awarded each year for the best performance at the World Tunnel Championships.

Following the idea of a weighted scoring structure for the size of the class similar to the IMPBA "Exceence in Perormance" award, we have come up with a simple formula. Take the winning score in each class and add 10 points for each boat run in that class. Ties go to the higher heat score. This favors smaller classes, as in a tie the small class has the higher score, while the overall formula rewards larger classes.

Example:

Sport 21 winner 1300 points and 42 boats in the class. 1300 + 420 = 1720

Mod 40 winner 1400 points and 30 boats in the class 1400 + 300 = 1700

Mod VP winner 1600 points ans 12 boats in the class 1600 + 120 = 1720

The Mod-VP class champion would win the tie in this case.

A perfect score 1600 in th largest class would be unbeatable. As you can see plus or minus,one or two boats run in a class in the example would totally change the outcome. As will missing a bouy minus 50 points. The number of boats is not the registered number but the number that participate in heat racing. If a contestant launches his boat in mill time and looses radio then destroys his boat and recieves 0 points he/she has still paticipated in the race and will be counted. Registered but no launch in four heats, not counted.

Looking forward to a great race again at one of the best facilities in model boat racing.

Mic Halbrehder

Entries are coming in, albeit slowly. It looks like, so far, that very few of the Tunnel Boat Mafia from FLA and from the Low Country Syndicate, have entered. I guess it will be a very small winner's dinner for the TBM. Get them in gang, the entry info is in post #1. Where are the FE tunnel racers?

Entries are coming in, albeit slowly. It looks like, so far, that very few of the Tunnel Boat Mafia from FLA and from the Low Country Syndicate, have entered. I guess it will be a very small winner's dinner for the TBM. Get them in gang, the entry info is in post #1. Where are the FE tunnel racers?

John,

Want to know if the new pro Boat Stilleto will be allowed in the P Spec class. The motor and speed control are rated below the ratings of all of the specified units. Makes sense to me. ??? thanks, James Beasley

John,

Want to know if the new pro Boat Stilleto will be allowed in the P Spec class. The motor and speed control are rated below the ratings of all of the specified units. Makes sense to me. ??? thanks, James Beasley

I would think that if the specs are below the class limits that they should be fine. Any arguments with that thought?

John,

no arguement, just james making sense & you thinking scares me :blink: :lol: :lol: :lol: ......

I would think that if the specs are below the class limits that they should be fine. Any arguments with that thought?

sorry guys but i wont be going to the Tunnel champs this year.. you guys have fun for me ok.

julian

Guys,

There are 7 racers entered in the FE P Spec Tunel class but only 2 entered in the Open FE Tunnel class. We need some more to enter the Open FE class as the class miminum to run it is 5 boats. If some of you with the P Spec boats want to run the FE boat again, enter the Open FE class to get the class able to run.

Latest posts

Back