2011 World OB Tunnel Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be RCracingevents.com

Here is a little help for the Colonel.

Click me

Look under "attendees" for the WTC race

Last edited by a moderator:
There is only a week remaining for entering the 2011 WTC tunnel race. Do not delay in entering. There should be good opportunity to run 5 rounds of hot and intense racing.

since the entry list is a little shorter than usual, any chance of dropping the boats needed to make a class down to 3? i see 2 classes that could run that way, open fe tunnel & b ob hydro. if everyone in those classes agrees, maybe just a first place trophy. that way, the CMB wouldn't be paying out more for awards than brought in by the class..........

since the entry list is a little shorter than usual, any chance of dropping the boats needed to make a class down to 3? i see 2 classes that could run that way, open fe tunnel & b ob hydro. if everyone in those classes agrees, maybe just a first place trophy. that way, the CMB wouldn't be paying out more for awards than brought in by the class..........

Sounds reasonable, let me run it up the flag pole and will let all know soon.

thanx, john :)

The request is up the flagpole now.

We intend on running 5 rounds and possibly a 6th with one round as a throwout. Need to get approval to do it and that is up the flagploe too. It will also depend on the weather and if time permits and I think it (time) will. Nothing can be done about the weather however. It will be a race time decision.

IF some guys that are running the FE P Spec class will enter the FE Open class (only 3 have done that so far) then the FE Open class will run with full awards. But the racers have to enter them now in the FE Open class. Those guys are:

Jimmy Duncan

Pete Forcier

Dan Hutchinson

Buddy Lowe

Need just 2 of them to enter the FE Open class and it can run as normal. Would love to snag all 4 of them. Registration closes tomorrow.

I am working on the master entry list and heat sheets..PLEASE if anyone has had a change in plans and not coming or a change in what they want to run please let me know ASAP....thanks jj

I fixed it Mitch...just thought you should change up your classes a little.....see ya next week...jj

NOTICE TO ALL:

The 2011 World Tunnel Championships has a major sponsor for the race. Mark Poole, Outboard Model Concepts (OMC), has graciously provided funds to pay for the trophy plaques for the race. That is no small amount either. He is also providing 2 tunnel hulls for the raffle and some packs of carbon fiber plates of different sizes and thicknesses, that would cost about $200 each to buy, for the raffle. This is a fabulous commitment from Mark for the WTC race.

In addition to Mark's kindness we have received the following:

Mark Leyde, Leyde Racing, has donated a GO 5 port complete OB engine for the raffle.

Ron Drake, Van's Racing, has committed to a $100 discount certificate for a Lynx or a Shaman.

MANY THANKS TO ALL THAT HAS GRACIOUSLY SUPPORTED THE RACE.

However, we need more help for the raffle. The economy has hit the attendance for the race and some support as well. Please contact me by PM or by e mail of [email protected] asap as the race is little more than a week from now.

No doubt the economy is keeping many folks closer to home. The CMB have put on this all outboard race for 6...7 years now? Always look forward to this one and wanted to offer up some support. It will still be fun, just at a more relaxed pace! ;)

Thanks for the help Mark. See you soon. Putting my OS on my Mod vp. Looking forward to running it.

Latest posts

Back