2011 FALL NATIONALS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on taking 2nd in B-Hydro Robin. You did the Capitol Club proud!!!!
Congrats also to all the the D12 members who brough home some wood. Robert Brevort, Don Ferrette, Rat Hotchkin, Dick Tyndall, Ron Shaw and Tim Jones.
Thanks Chilli. The Charleston Club did a wonderful job of hosting this event. If we could only figure out how to turn that darn wind mill down a couple of notches, it would have been a perfect weekend!!!!!......... ;) There were some heavy hitters at this race and it would have been awesome for all of us to be able to go all out for 6 laps. When you see gas riggers blowing off the water you know the winds are up!!...... ;)

I guess there's always the WTC!!! Gets your vacation dates set soon as the Charleston club will also be hosting the Nitro Nats next year.

I wanna say thank to the CMB club. Once again Roadrunner 101Rs dominates the twin class with another perfect score.

I wanna say thanks to Ralph ,Joe, and chuck for helping me with my Roadrunner 101 Twin. I also want to thank Mike Constanzo and Tom Foley for pitting for me. It's Been fun but now its time to put the boats away.

Julian

Last edited by a moderator:
Back now ...reflecting on the entire week over in Charleston on the ride home . Totally awesome racing and good fellowship with everyone there were the highlights . Lots of problems to overcome and some really keen competition in all classes . There is just something about the Club , lake and the people that will always having me come back . Many tireless hours in the CD stand for Randy Premo , John Knight and all the turn judges and stand in CD's ....THANKS !!

Thanks to the Corbin family for their delicious Shrimp and Crab Low - Country boil seafood party on friday night at the stables . Man was that good !!

Many, many thanks to Me Time productions for all they do to promote racing and a good time ! The Redneck Rodeo was a lot of fun as well as the wicked bonfire by the property owner Joe ...man that fire was rippin !!

I enjoyed a special treat and got the opportunity to fly RC Airplanes with Eddie Corbin at their private airstrip on wednesday for a while . Had a great time !

The crowd was on their feet for the Nitro VS Gas Twin Shootout and got to see some really nice driving by Stu Barr with his beautiful custom Crapshooter Twin ...killer ! Can't wait for the Nitro Nats next year .

Had a great time, thanks to all involved. Great racing, great weather (ok... a little windy, ut otherwise). Glad to get home and unloaded!

See some of yall in SOWEGA, including Mitch "the Tunnel Meister" Sr. Awesome weekend for you sir.

~ G

Back now ...reflecting on the entire week over in Charleston on the ride home . Totally awesome racing and good fellowship with everyone there were the highlights . Lots of problems to overcome and some really keen competition in all classes . There is just something about the Club , lake and the people that will always having me come back . Many tireless hours in the CD stand for Randy Premo , John Knight and all the turn judges and stand in CD's ....THANKS !!

Thanks to the Corbin family for their delicious Shrimp and Crab Low - Country boil seafood party on friday night at the stables . Man was that good !!

Many, many thanks to Me Time productions for all they do to promote racing and a good time ! The Redneck Rodeo was a lot of fun as well as the wicked bonfire by the property owner Joe ...man that fire was rippin !!

I enjoyed a special treat and got the opportunity to fly RC Airplanes with Eddie Corbin at their private airstrip on wednesday for a while . Had a great time !

The crowd was on their feet for the Nitro VS Gas Twin Shootout and got to see some really nice driving by Stu Barr with his beautiful custom Crapshooter Twin ...killer ! Can't wait for the Nitro Nats next year .
Hey Tom,,

You never mentioned the airplanes!!!!! Next time you two need to invite me. What kind of RC planes were you flying?

Thanks for the great comments. A lot of work went into the race and was the largest attended Fall Nationals. I am tired and have earned a rest albeit a short one. While the winds were kicking up, it was never a point that it could not be managed. It could and several racers proved it.

I had 3 great satisfactions from the race:

*All attending that I spoke with thought very highly of the race. I do this race for the benefit of the racers, nothing else, nothing less.

* I won the B (20 mod) Tunnel class with against some extremely talented tunnel racers, including a number of past national champions. Even got a perfect score for the first time in 22 years. Been close but no cigar before. I am a nitro rigger racer that actually started with a 20 tunnel 22 years ago.

* My son Ryan raced again for the first time in 5 years. He is an exceptional racer and was a district champion at the age of 13. He did not trophy but he was a force anyway. This one pleased me more than the others. And he slaved for all 3 days in a retrieve boat.

John, a perfect score in a race like that is truly a feat. In B mod tunnel against such a mob (and I do mean mob) is one for the history books. I know I have pitted for you and just about every kind of rotten luck has struck when you were out front heading for a win. Well this time the crank did not break, the carb did not fall off, the pipe did not fall off, the throttle did not hang up and the radio was on the right boat!! This does mean however, everyone will be gunning for you next time.

Hey Tom,,

You never mentioned the airplanes!!!!! Next time you two need to invite me. What kind of RC planes were you flying?
I only got to make two flights with my Airtrax Agressor 60 size with .75 power but it was intimidating due to the close tree line !! Had to make a dead stick landing as well ! Here are some pics of the high end planes these guys fly !.

30tmhwj.jpg

25s1lax.jpg

2zgb77t.jpg

idcbbo.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2lt2gbs.jpg[/img

Eddie Corbin

Nice to meet you Ron and all your crew

Had a great time, thanks to all involved. Great racing, great weather (ok... a little windy, ut otherwise). Glad to get home and unloaded!

See some of yall in SOWEGA, including Mitch "the Tunnel Meister" Sr. Awesome weekend for you sir.

~ G
Thanks Gabe. and Thanks for all the help on jrs boat. see you in SOWEGA. Mitch sr

Hey Tom,,

I only got to make two flights with my Airtrax Agressor 60 size with .75 power but it was intimidating due to the close tree line !! Had to make a dead stick landing as well ! Here are some pics of the high end planes these guys fly !.

30tmhwj.jpg

25s1lax.jpg

2zgb77t.jpg

idcbbo.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2lt2gbs.jpg[/img

Eddie Corbin

Nice to meet you Ron and all your crew
Tom,

Thanks for sharing the pics. Those are really high end planes. I'm sure watching those fly was a treat. If you ever get a chance to go fly at another race, let me know. I wouldn't mind tagging along. I flew planes for years and should probably pull one out of storage and get it in the air sometime....... ;)

We enjoyed meeting you as well and look forward to seeing you at another race soon. Till the next deadstick landing..........

Another GREAT race CMB!!!! Can't wait till next year so I can try out that new hull!

Thanks folks!!!

Steve Ball

I wanna say thank to the CMB club. Once again Roadrunner 101Rs dominates the twin class with another perfect score.

I wanna say thanks to Ralph ,Joe, and chuck for helping me with my Roadrunner 101 Twin. I also want to thank Mike Constanzo and Tom Foley for pitting for me. It's Been fun but now its time to put the boats away.

Julian
You had no pit box bit#h, what am I chopped liver. :lol: It was my pleasure to help out. Hammer B)

Had a great time and met lots of people I have only talked on line with. Was nice to put a face with a name.

Will be going back for more fun next year. Maybe two times.

Learned allot from some relay good people and made some new friends.

Next time I will be ready for the lake monster that kept swallowing my boat. I know where he lives now.

Till next time .

BURN MORE NITRO!!!

David

It was a great weekend. I got to meet some new friends. Put some faces to names I've seen on here. Appreciate Dick Tyndal and Ray Sametz help. Always a pleasure to pit by these guys. Look forward to Ray leaving the frigid north one day. No such thing as a bad weekend when you are among friends. Congratulations John on B tunnel. How many blown Novas have you been through this year? Sure enjoyed Ryan being around. Hopefully he will catch the fever again.

THANKS to the Charleston Model Boaters for Hosting the Fall Nats Race & All of the Class Sponsors that Dug Deep into there Own Pockets & Sponsored the Class & Awards........We could not stay for the Award Presentation, Sorry for that!!! 2400 miles round trip....We had to get the Return trip started asap on Sunday!!!!!!

I would like to thank John Knight, all the CMB club members, and the many others that helped put on and conduct this race. The racers that attended this event were top notch and it made this one of the most challaging races I have been to. Some of my heats were the hardest that I have had to compete in for quite some time. You have to know that when a race sells out in less than 36 hours that it's going to be a good one. I would also like to thank my co-pilot, "The Hammer", for his pitting and calling. You keep me calm on the stand and have a great sense of the race course.

MeTime.........you guys are the best. Great photos and coverage all week end. Also, thanks to all the sponsors for your support of the classes. I'll be back for the Nitro Nats and the Fall Race!

Rick

Latest posts

Back