2009 Namba Nats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bummer... How can we get back and forth? The race trailers are good?

You guys need a security guard... if so, I'm your man :p

Bob

The plan at this time is to leave boat trailers on site with security. We are working hard to do it right. Greg

The plan at this time is to leave boat trailers on site with security. We are working hard to do it right. Greg
sounds good, we did the same in san jose if you recall. worked out real well. Do you have motel and rv info available now? I'm not worried about price, so much as where, what, and so on. I'm really looking forward to coming up there next year. My sis lives up there somewhere... time I saw their place. thanks Greg.

Bob Tuttle

Ya know the funny thing about San Jose was that I thought Wild Bill and Winks were gonna get us in trouble at the hotel bar but it wasn't them that almost got us thrown out it was Ron Buck being loud and obnoxious! If you know Ron you know the joke behind that one.... By the way hide your doughnuts around Bill and Winks those guys are unbelievable!

We're comin' up too. Football practice starts that week but they are going to have to do without me and the boy the first week of conditioning. BTW Bob we're doing hotel so if you wanna RV we'll taxi ya.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya know the funny thing about San Jose was that I thought Wild Bill and Winks were gonna get us in trouble at the hotel bar but it wasn't them that almost got us thrown out it was Ron Buck being loud and obnoxious! If you know Ron you know the joke behind that one.... By the way hide your doughnuts around Bill and Winks those guys are unbelievable!
We're comin' up too. Football practice starts that week but they are going to have to do without me and the boy the first week of conditioning. BTW Bob we're doing hotel so if you wanna RV we'll taxi ya.
That might work. We will have 6 of us though. We'll talk and see what is best. We may hotel it as well. price of gas will probably be 27.00 a gallon by then... Just think, all the gas guys will be switching back to nitro :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob

That might work. We will have 6 of us though. We'll talk and see what is best. We may hotel it as well. price of gas will probably be 27.00 a gallon by then... Just think, all the gas guys will be switching back to nitro :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob

Bob,

Think again, even at $27.00 a gallon, nitro is still more expensive to run, at around $38 a gallon plus who knows how much for the glow plugs byt then... :p :lol:

Bob, I can also give you guys a ride, I have plenty of room in the back of my truck.... :rolleyes:

Things are starting to come together. I have talked to the host Hotel. It' a nice place about 5 years old,resteraunt, Bar, Free breakfast and banquet facilities. I checked the distance to the lake today 1.1 miles! Like I said on the other thread you can see the lake from the hotel. Just on the other side of I-5. We will get stuff out as soon as we firm up. Greg

Mike

The only reason you gave Bill & myself donuts because we were judging the races.

But as you know it was not just donuts you have to supply coffee to go with them.

Bill and i have already booked our plane trip.

Mike we were going to come to your house first & drink your Coronas is that alright.

Plus 2009 we are going to be eating Ice Cream because someone we know has a shop in Seattle.

Hey Mike - guess what - Steve and I have already booked our flight for 09, get the Coffee and doughnuts ready every morning. Hope they get a place as good as San Jose - the best bar we have had yet. We are looking forward to catching up with all our 'old mates' again. YOUR SHOUT!

Wild Bill.

How's that, Steve and I are 900 miles apart and we post the sme thing within 2 minutes of each other - that's spooky! Corona keeps us together.

Wild Bill.

Anyone interested in sponsoring a class can pm me for more information. We already have 20 of the classes sponsored.
JD
Jerry... What FE Classes are going to be available for sponsorship??? ;) (I know, I know... NONE... but there SHOULD be a couple!! <_< )

Anyone interested in sponsoring a class can pm me for more information. We already have 20 of the classes sponsored.
JD
Jerry... What FE Classes are going to be available for sponsorship??? ;) (I know, I know... NONE... but there SHOULD be a couple!! <_< )
The offering of two FE Classes is being given serious consideration. Which two classes is still up for discussion. Any suggestions? The SV 27 Brushless Class has been mentioned because there are lots of them and rules exist for the class.

JD

The offering of two FE Classes is being given serious consideration. Which two classes is still up for discussion. Any suggestions? The SV 27 Brushless Class has been mentioned because there are lots of them and rules exist for the class.
JD
Here are those I'd choose from... I think these are the most popular classes we have that the Nitro guys could most closely relate to (same hull/size hulls., FAST, etc...)

P-Mono

P-Sport

P-OPC Tunnel

P-Hydro

SV27 isn't an official NAMBA class... It would be fun to run as an exhibition class, but I think it would be GREAT if there were a couple (or THREE) official NAMBA FE classes offered.

My choices would be simple: Mono, Sport Hydro, and OPC Tunnel, all with "P-Power Specs" (up to 14.8V Nominal, etc.) I think P-Hydro would be unreal as well, but I think that those capable of building competitive ones are few at this point. There are already LOTs of racers in the other three mentioned.

While P-Mono and P-Sport Hydro are basically open motor specs, most around the country have been limiting their OPC Tunnels to use the SV27 power system, or the BJ26 Power system, keeping speeds FAST but costs reasonable. This trend is likely to continue as we get more and more viable RTR motor alternatives available.

Offer these classes I can almost guarantee a stong showing for FE... I can think of at least 6 or more of each just from PSFEMBC alone... likely more if this were solidified.

Keep us posted! B)

Last edited by a moderator:
JD
Here are those I'd choose from... I think these are the most popular classes we have that the Nitro guys could most closely relate to (same hull/size hulls., FAST, etc...)

P-Mono

P-Sport

P-OPC Tunnel

P-Hydro

SV27 isn't an official NAMBA class... It would be fun to run as an exhibition class, but I think it would be GREAT if there were a couple (or THREE) official NAMBA FE classes offered.

My choices would be simple: Mono, Sport Hydro, and OPC Tunnel, all with "P-Power Specs" (up to 14.8V Nominal, etc.) I think P-Hydro would be unreal as well, but I think that those capable of building competitive ones are few at this point. There are already LOTs of racers in the other three mentioned.

While P-Mono and P-Sport Hydro are basically open motor specs, most around the country have been limiting their OPC Tunnels to use the SV27 power system, or the BJ26 Power system, keeping speeds FAST but costs reasonable. This trend is likely to continue as we get more and more viable RTR motor alternatives available.

Offer these classes I can almost guarantee a stong showing for FE... I can think of at least 6 or more of each just from PSFEMBC alone... likely more if this were solidified.

Keep us posted! B)
Jerry / Darin

I would love to see some FE Boats run @ the 2009 NAMBA Nas

I have been a Nitro Guy for ever but FE is what I want to do next.

I want to build a SGX 45 as an FE.

Is there a class for that.

Joe

Jerry Dunlap

Where do I send the check to for my sponsorship of B Hydro.

Thanks

Joe

I want to build a SGX 45 as an FE.Is there a class for that.

Joe
Joe,

YES, there is!! The overall length can't be more than 34", but I believe that there is a version of that boat that is designed for FE (might have to special order it) that fits perfectly into P-Hydro (up to 14.8V Nominal, 4S Lipo for example, open motor, FASSSTTTT!!!!)

You wouldn't believe how fast these things can go!

Thanks Darin

I don't want to get off Jerry's Topic here, but I will be asking for your

help in the FE Forum as soon as I can get free from work to start

my FE rigger project.

Also I met a guy form Colorado Springs named Sean Cordova who

drove the 3 hours up to the 2008 NAMBA Nats just to see R/C boating....

One heck of a nice guy and really into FE...and a great ambassador for the FE

cause.....

Back