2009 NAMBA NATIONALS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRoth265

Take a look at the 2009 NAMBA NATIONALS web site is up and running.

Search (2009nambanats.com) Greg

Take a look at the 2009 NAMBA NATIONALS web site is up and running.Search (2009nambanats.com) Greg
This is one awesome site, you can flip a quarter in the water 20 feet out and see if its heads or tails from the beach. Clear fast water right off of the interstate.

Take a look at the 2009 NAMBA NATIONALS web site is up and running.Search (2009nambanats.com) Greg
This is one awesome site, you can flip a quarter in the water 20 feet out and see if its heads or tails from the beach. Clear fast water right off of the interstate.
And, you better believe Mikey had a hard time justifying throwing away $00.25 just to check water clarity. :lol:

JD

But was it only one quarter or two? Mikey was out the last couple of years for the NW Championships, so did he throw in one just last year or both times he came out?

BTW -

I am not sure I mentioned this before. You may want to try this to take some work off of your hands, perhaps gain the possibility of keeping your cost down and maybe even get more quality put into your event programs and events.

This is actually for anyone who will listen.

In your area I am sure you have a graphic design studio or at least freelance designers. You should be able to find them in the yellow pages. Use that as a start, then visit their website. Compare them against mine if you have doubts. http://www.hookscity.com (personal), http://www.belmdesigns.com (business) Contact them about the event. Offer them sponsorship benefits in trade for designing the program. Now here is the crucial part. First inquire about how good they are. Ask them if they can do better than what has been done in the past. Tell them that the last guys to do host the event were a bunch of cocky SOBs from California that bragged about how they got a California studio to donate the program and you would love to show them up with some northern talent. Graphic Designers tend to be snooty so they tend to jump at the chance to outdue another designer. I can't tell you how many design competitions there are out there. So anyway... once they buy into giving you their best work ever for free, then offer them a sponsorship. (ie. ad in the program, trophy sponsorship, banner placement, mention at the event, website logo placement with link back to their website).

This should get you someone who can design your program at no cost and with less hassle.

Then ask them if they can get it printed. If not, ask them if they have a printer they use. Ask for a referral then go to them and repeat step one. Their are also printing awards out there.

This should at the very least lower the cost of your printing. If it isn't free they may give color printing for the cost of photocopying.

THEN...

Advertising

Go to your local newspaper. Contact Ad sales. Offer up the event as a promotion extension for an advertiser of their choice at no cost. This gives them the option of selling the event to one of their advertiser for a profit . All you ask for is to be included in their ads in a big way for a given amount of time. The advertiser gains an event to promote themselves and you gain advertising you could not usually afford. Be sure to list the sponsor benefits specifically. If they get an advertiser to buy in you can go to the advertiser directly and upsell him to maybe help cover the cost of other things. Maybe do a concourse at a luxury car dealership or restaurant that would be willing to host and cater for the exposure. These are just ideas to leverage your event to keep cost down and get maximum exposure. Your value is that you have an event that people would enjoying watching for hours on end. Hours of entertaining exposure is extremely valuable to an advertiser.

But first start where you know people have and are spending the money. Look at the newspaper and get them to partner with you.

This is a tough economy but people still have to spend money to keep living... especially businesses. Just go to the places that they are spending it and give them more bang for their buck. This should work with Radio stations too.... and TV if you got it.

Give it a try.

I see you copied all of my sponsorship verbiage so you have everything you need to pull it off. All it needs now is just a bit of salesmanship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Yah.

Get city officials involved. You've seen the Zig Zag Racer spectator challenge right? Get a radio personality or a TV News anchorman for the spectators to race against. This would be extra value for a sponsor and increase their potential impact and exposure to their audience. For example Bob's brakes and mufflers can sponsor the event and you put "Bob's Brakes and Mufflers" decals on the boats. If they are racing a local celeb they will certainly get eyeballs on their name making it worth their while to sponor your event.

I think this is most probably in less metropolitan areas because their is less going on making your event more of a premium. Bigger metropolitan areas are more difficult because you could have several large events even bigger than yours going on at the very same time. So the sponsor has a lot to choose from.

Back