2.4ghs Futaba radio/receiver set

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gibson

Supporting Member
I know this has been asked a thousand times before, but I haven't bought a Futaba radio set in years.....I wanted to know what Futaba Tx andRx I should be looking at, and if there are any sales or deals available that someone knows of.....ive been using Spectrum stuff for my electric flying "things", and Flysky stuff for my electric r/c cars, and ive had GREAT luck with both, but id rather stick with what's worked for me for 30+ years with my nitro boats! Thanks!

Tower Hobbies has a Futaba 4PLS 4ch T-FHSS transmitter/R304SB receiver for 179.99....would this be suitable for running my 20 Hydro, Sport 20 Hydro, etc.? Not looking for lottsa bells and whistles, just dependable with some trims, and basic stuff.....just want to pull the trigger, and twist the wheel!

Last edited by a moderator:
Id buy the 4pv With the T receivers you can see rx voltage right on the screen

Bill this is what I've used since they came out with it. I've not had any issue's at all. Futaba service & tech people good to work with too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Bill which ever way you go , go with the FSSST system
Not sure about that, The Fhss receivers are half the money and work plenty well enough
My thoughts exactly Mike! I put off going 2.4 but once I did I've been very happy.

On MOST of my boats I use a Futaba 4PL FHSS and it works just as well as the 3PM (FAAST)in my rent-a-boats.

And as Mike says, the RX's are cheaper

So Bill my vote is cor the new 4PLS

Depends if you like wheel or stick radios. I'm old school and prefer stick and just bought a new Tranis 9X from Hooby King. Recievers are $20 to $30 Radio has telemetry and constantly hops frequencies. Kevin from Calgary was at the Worlds and his Futaba FAST radio was being hit. Also the recievers are much smaller, no plastic case. Chose what you like and you will be happy as everybody has their own preference.

Brad

Depends if you like wheel or stick radios. I'm old school and prefer stick and just bought a new Tranis 9X from Hooby King. Recievers are $20 to $30 Radio has telemetry and constantly hops frequencies. Kevin from Calgary was at the Worlds and his Futaba FAST radio was being hit. Also the recievers are much smaller, no plastic case. Chose what you like and you will be happy as everybody has their own preference.

Brad
Brad, I'm also VERY comfortable with a 2 stick radio.....used a Hi Tech 3 ch 2 stick to drive my Sport 40! It's what I started on 30+ years ago! Futaba,s 2 stick is just too pricey for me..... If they still even offer one!

Trust me Bill, YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like Rick, that's what I use for my boats. I don't have all the sensors for mine, just use the telemetry for keeping track of the receiver pack's voltage. What I recently found, with mine, is that you not only can set the end points but also the speed of the servos. I have my rudder speed set at 50% and it really helps smoothing out the corners as the boat's not "twitchy" as it can be with the servo set at full speed

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back