Futaba T-FHSS receiver differences ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kurtz

Futaba T-FHSS receiver differences ?
I'm trying to make sure I understand the T-FHSS receiver differences before I buy a few of them. Can someone please tell me if I have this correct, or if not, can you elaborate?

I am using these in gas and electric boats. I have a couple R324SBS and a couple of R334SBS receivers.

Are the 334 and 324 receivers the same, with telemetry, other than the 334 being a SR (super response) for certain type servo's?
Do I really need to spend $89 on the R334SBS if I don't need or use the special servos to take advantage of the SR mode or is there more to it than that?

What other receivers are you guys using with the Futaba 7PXR Transmitter?
Are there any off brand cheaper receivers that will work with the 7PXR transmitter?

I noticed that one of my air receivers actually was able to bind with the 7PXR but not my other ones. Are there some air receivers I can use with it?

Receiver speed - does anyone know the actual speeds? Spektrum kindly lists them (22ms, 11ms, 5.5ms, etc). Also, I doubt I have a need for the "FASSTest" receivers, but what speed do those operate at?

FHSS - slowest response
S-FHSS - faster response
T-FHSS - quickest response + telemetry capable

R304SB - T-FHSS with one external antenna
R304SBE - T-FHSS with one internal antenna

R324SBS - T-FHSS with one external and one internal antenna

R334SBS - T-FHSS with one external and one internal antenna and SR response for (some) Futaba servos

Thanks,

Are the 334 and 324 receivers the same, with telemetry, other than the 334 being a SR (super response) for certain type servo's?
Do I really need to spend $89 on the R334SBS if I don't need or use the special servos to take advantage of the SR mode or is there more to it than that?

What other receivers are you guys using with the Futaba 7PXR Transmitter?
Are there any off brand cheaper receivers that will work with the 7PXR transmitter?

I noticed that one of my air receivers actually was able to bind with the 7PXR but not my other ones. Are there some air receivers I can use with it?

Receiver speed - does anyone know the actual speeds? Spektrum kindly lists them (22ms, 11ms, 5.5ms, etc). Also, I doubt I have a need for the "FASSTest" receivers, but what speed do those operate at?

Yes. the same other then the 334 being a SR
No.. no need to spend 89 on the R334.. for model boating....
I use the 324 and truth is for boating its all we need..
No clue.. not sure whats out there...
Not sure.. in the end.. to me.. its best to use a dedicated surface RX so you only have to deal with one external antenna.. yes.. simpleton answer but I hate holes in my radio box.
I dont know actual speed and not sure how important that is for us in RC boating... (I can find out tho)

Here is the bottom line.. The 334 and matching servos are incredible with a gyro or some kind of "Stabilizer" attached. (OR.. you are a wheeling prodigy.. and yes.. they are out there!) Past that point we just dont need that. Also as you know.. response and speed are not the same thing (well.. mostly) and for RC boating I slow my servos down.. I do however want the servo to "react" when I make an input.

Futaba is getting closer to making there T-FHSS receivers as fast as there S-FHSS receivers. That is where the 334 steps in. It starts to close that gap in response.

Hope this helps.

For RC boating.. Make mine the 324!

Grim

I'll second what Mike mentioned. The R324SBS has been dead reliable for me and never had a range issue even at 1000m. The 304 and 314 I believe are basically single antenna versions of the 324, but are also $10 more expensive.

We've made the switch to the 324/334's from the 304's. Heard/seen some people having reception issues, so changed to the "diversity" receivers.

We don't use telemetry or SR. The high speed setting with digital servos provides more than adequate response for boats. Don't know actual speeds.

Using 4GRS radios (sticks for life!), not sure if 7xxx radios would be any different.

Tower has some good deals at times along with their Super Saver Club or whatever its called. Picked up a handful of 324's for 30 bucks a pop a while back.

Thanks guys. after a bunch of research and your knowledge I'm a lot more informed of what receivers I should be looking at.
I didn't think about the gyro and fast servo response for that purpose. That makes sense for those applications but I'm pretty sure I don't need that.

I'll stick with the good ol 324. Its been working great so far even in my carbon fiber boats with just a couple of inches of the ant sticking out.

So the 304 receiver only has the one antenna, wonder why it is more expensive than the 324.

Latest posts

Back