1969 Pay N Pak redux

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checked the height of mine, a little over 1". I think the weight when I originally finished it was around 12-13lbs. Props started with X460/3, then a mod X465 & X665. Never tried a 255.

great pictures. where did you find those? the spray rails will probably help on the wood hull you have.

Bob, could be, Hobbs told me that this was one of 10 built by a guy I thought was out of California

Hey Rob,

I believe it to be one of Dennis' hull. He raced 1/8th nitro Scale with us in the early 90's in Southern California, then got into Gas boats. Dennis and his Father - Roger were Hoover Racing and made Glass hulls - mostly Gas . Seems to me that the sponson booms are very short compared to the real boat. I don't recall if it was built from Roger Newton plans or not. I do recall that he had clear acrylic spray rails attached inside the sponson. The last one I saw run belonged to Larry Knudsen from Escondido, CA maybe 1995 or so.

I don't recall seeing any pics of it in my stuff, but I will look and get them to you if I come up with any. CHEERS !!! Bob

After a ton of bondo and sanding I sprayed a coat of primer to get a better visual of the surface. A long way to go getting some angles changed to pull from a mold. And I forgot about a quickie repair a few years ago on the left sponson tip. About 3/16 short.

IMG_00031024x683_zps4ace98d3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard some people where looking for it but as far as I know didn't find it. David Newton or Jensen might know.

Back