Miss Vegas FE conversion

Help Support intlwaters.com:

Vince Fantauzzi

I had the same problem with water flooding the hull in minutes. This is how I solved the problem: I cut the cowling in two, the nose portion is permanently affixed so that water will not get in from there, aft portion is taped down. I moved the rudder rod to exit the transom and sealed hole in the faux exhaust. I've had it airborne and flipped a couple of times with not a drop of water getting in. I also added an external electronics kill circuit.

Attachments

Wasted wages

Nice job guys!!!

Proper chopper, that thing hauls azz !!!

I have a Miss Vegas from when they first came out...with the original pull start motor and crappy radio box and fuel tank. Its a fun little boat, and I never imagined it could be used for something as fast as yours !

I used to let kids run it at club races at the end of the day .... it made many a kids day !!

MarkScott

Now that we have an open pond, my bad, went back out to run again. Ran a M447 prop on Saturday and the rear hopped. Second run, one of the esc/motor plugs came undone. Guess I need to go back and re-solder all the connections. Sunday, back out again. This time prop was changed to a 42x55. Not bad, but now wish I had more than 5000mah batts. Around 5-6 laps total.

Jerry Dunlap

Supporting Member
That looks great. I guess it would be a P Sport Hydro based on the size of the motor.
JD

MarkScott

Vince,

See you have the front part back farther than what Tony did on his, which I did on mine. Learning on how to tape the front so it won't leak. The rear changes I made certainly helped out.

JD,

Yep, that would make it a P sport hydro. The motor came with the big purchase. There are several other motors to use, but wanted to try this one. Do have a Leopard 3674 2200kv to try, but using the 2075kv first. Our club has a few members that are running this class. Don't know if it will be offered for an event, but yet fun to run with others for bragging rights. Still need to see if the club is going to hold a race this year. There is talk about something special for this year, but I'm not the one to put it out there. As for changing this to P-LTD, IMPBA doesn't list a true LTD motor. Each clubs seems to have their prefered motor for LTD. Think the only club around here that might run this class is Madison. Will see what they do in the future.

As for this boat, really put it together to see what it can do. Then it will most likely be posted for sale. Believe I already have a club member that wants to buy it anyway. Saturday was our club meeting at the pond. Club members started asking where's the outboard motor!

Samuel Hagan JR

Scott. We are working on our P Limited rules that fits a lot of other clubs. Like ATL, CMB, and looking at NAMBA rules as well. I will keep you posted.

RichJones

I was shocked how fast that thing was. That’s what happens when you’ve been out of the hobby for a long time. Technology never stops. Good running boat!

Latest posts