.16 engine boat plans ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speakerboy

he guys .. any of u have a boatplan for a . 16 topaz nitro engine .. its not a real top engine .. but its brand new has a pull start .. and spins 22000 rpm max with 1 hp .. i would like to build something beside my normal gasoline powered boats. .. just something small .. the most hull.s and plans are for .21 engines .. some one have something a bit smaller ? ?

jerome

If you are looking for a rigger for that engine, it should fit in a 12 size rigger. there are a couple different kits that you can get through guys on this site. there is the Hammerhead 12 which is almost ready for release, & the firefighter .12

Most of the small boats are scratch built.

Just build ya one we will help.

What kind of hull do you want to build?

-MikeP

Jerome, TerboBob, Eddie Barnes all getting Nitro boats? What is this World coming to? ;D When you get it done, I gotta see it! This guy builds some beautiful boats.

:) :) he juul .. ur here too ! cool ..

mike .. i did follow ur rigger project .. and juul here built he same for a 26 cc .. its looking cool ..

ron .. yeah the real small ones i like . and i could not resist to buya new .16 pullstart engine for les than 30 us $ ..

i think i want to go for the finch mono thing .. i have the plans but i have to scale them down .. something i am no good in .. some one has the .12 plans for that mono .?

i also want to let my son run it .when he is old enough . so it will be a long term project..

jerome

Don't know of plan for a .12 size Wild Thing, but Grim sells them pro-built you should check them out. It might give you an idea as to what scale you will need. There is a pic of him holding one on his main paige

http://www.grimracer.com/

I got a scaled down wild thing I use for electric power. If you want I can measure it to give you an idea where to start.

-MikeP

mike that would be great ...

i am just finishing a cat .. 23 cc .. but i wanta niice super light weight winter project ...

jerome

update .. just bought a smal cat on the german ebay .. :) i will try to use the engine in ther to make a small brother of my new 23 cc cat .. it will be a winter project .. the cat hull is in bad shape but thats more a goal to restore it in perfect conition again .. sizes are .22 inch long and 9 inch wide .. that should run fine with a stock .16 engine i guess .. i will keep u updated ..

here is a pic of it .

a6.jpg

bc.jpg

jerome

Back