.12 rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mike Byer

Tom, after the 20 mono testing I ran my .12 rigger some more to run in another motor. This one is suppose to be 1.25 hp. About 2 times the hpi I started with, and it showed. A little too much wind for such a small boat but I did get in a couple good runs, but not quite 50 yet. I think there is a lot more in it and now I need to try some other pipes, the car pipes don't seem to have what the boat is looking for.

Mike Byer

have you tried the V937 yet? 50mph i think will be a little tricky to get to. for the record youll need 64!

No I haven't tried that one yet, I'm a little short on 1/8 props. I picked up a few to start, but with the added power they are all too small. wow the record is 64, thats going to take some serious work. which engines have you run in yours, what one do you like the best?

Mike

you have a 1/8 shaft??? you need 187 to run the V937. you should also try 1440 1938 2138 215 X440 all .187 shaft props

i have ran an OS czr and a big block Nova Rossi .15. I have a new OS TR for this year to try.

yes i'm running an 1/8 drive line and shaft. I'm thinking it will stand the hp of the 12 motor. I thought about the .187 cable and thought if you can run a strong 40 or a weak 67 motor thru these a .125 cable should stand the strain of a litle over 1 hp. I haven't done the math on the props to see what it will take to run 50+, but I hope to do it with a small prop and 35-38k on the rpm. I don't know what the drive cable will think about those speeds but we'll see. How about that Ward Burton, their shop is just a couple blocks away from mine, you can hear them dyno the motors during the day. Really good people, I've known them since Ward and Jeff were running late model on Sat. nites. they used to come over and hang on the fence when we ran our touring series car at South Boston Va. Hard to believe how far they have come.

Mike... don't run a .187 cable... you want a .150 cable with a .187 stubb shaft. Hughey makes them like that. if you cant find a .150 get a .130

Can you guys give me some info on the setup of your 12 rigger. I'm going to be very busy for the next few weeks building Riggers.

One 21 Rigger

one FE Rigger

one 12/15 Rigger

See what I have done so far.

users.myacc.net/~valfamtek

Ruben

well... rather than me spending an hour listing everything i can think of... what more specifically were you looking for.... i did see one thing... it appears that you .21 rigger is going to use k&s brass tubes for the sponsons... i dont think they will be strong enough... likely would bend too easy.

tom

Tom are you talking to me? the brass tubes are sleevs, inside of them goes a 3/8 alum rod. this way if I would like to remove or ajust the offset of the sponsons I can. it is all held in place with a bolt, you know, like the old Mongoose outriggers.

I have an old HPI motor. should I use this to power my 15 rigger or should I get an OS 15 or the 15 off a Serpent.

Ruben

ruben... yes... that sounds ok... i just could not make that out from the pic

dont see why the old .15 would be a prob... just depends on how fast you want to go!

I allmost have have the FE rigger done. all I need is the running hardware. but I'm not sure who to buy it from.

Ruben

Hey Tom Moorehouse "or other input",

Does the OS flywheel fit OK on the OS .12TR engine.

I like the TR over the CVR but from looking at the

pictures the crankcase receiver for the carb looks

a lot closer to the drive washer than on the CVR. Is

this any problem? Also I assume that the D1 Flywheel

fits over the drive washer. Is this correct and does

it also overlap the crankcase any?

Obviously, I've never had a car engine and want to

make sure everything fits OK before I order.

Thanks

Don

the os flywheel does fit the .12TR. The car engines are a little different... as well as the os flywheel. it does not use a taper lock with a collet. the engine has a cap that goes on to the shaft (included with engine), then the flywheel, then the flex hex.

see the pics and it should make sense...

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Anyone tried a pylon racing pipe on a .12 rigger yet? Bit different to a car pipe!

the only .12 pipe in the states besides the car pipes is the macs... are there others on your end of the pond?

Tom,

Thanks for the flywheel info.

One last question for now.

I'm planning to use the macs pipe. What header

should I use on the TR?

Thanks Again,

Don

Latest posts

Back