.12 rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
someone else told me the trinity picco one was just a tad undersize... they were able to reem it out to fit

i have not tried the .12 tr yet to know pipe length...

Don,

I have a Trinity Picco pipe like the one you show in the tower hobbies url. Let me know and I will mesure what ever you need to know.

-Mike

Does any body know the straight away speed record for the .12 rigger and is there a 2 lap record??

Mike,

Thanks but I'm just trying to find out if that header

will fit on the OS 12 TR Rear exhaust. I haven't

ordered the engine yet so I don't know the

demensions. However, it would help if I new the

distance between center of pipe and center of pipe

on the 90 deg bend so I'll know how far the pipe

sticks out to one side. I just might still go with

the OS CVR Side exhaust engine. I'm desiging the

boat right now,and am trying to figure out the

engine package that will work best for me.

Thanks

Don

Tom thank you for the info I check the record and it said he was using a dumas, I checked and I didnt see any .12 rigger kits from Dumas do you know what rigger kit he was using?? I'm very interested in building one.

Also it said he used a OS MAX, I looked and I could not find any .11 OS MAX

Don,

The Trinity picco header is 1.5" center to center of the pipe. Doesn't hang over the side of a 3" hull but the pipe will.

Mike

Mike,

Thanks a bunch for the photo. That really helps.

Sounds like,with a little work, I can get it to

fit the OS.

Again thanks,

Don Templeton :D

RadRacer,

I hace seen a Dumas kit called the Lil' Rascal. Very inexpensive but would need some mods to make it more up to date (not sure what but have read it somewhere). I think the firefighter is the hot ticket right now. I have not used one but it is very up to date and priced right. ( lots of support also). SG has a 24 inch outrigger for the .12 and .15's can't go wrong with an SG Eagle but you will have to pay $$$. In the past I have read about the .11 motors that were fast came from 1/2A pylon racing airplanes.

-Mike

Mike thank you for the info. Ok im headed in the rite direction now for the hull but now can anybody help with this OS .11 engine. Cant wait until I get one.

Rad racer,

if the motor you are referring to is the O.S 11 pylon engine they are discontinued and no longer available new. I was trying to find one a few months back with no success. They were a very popular motor in 1/2A pylon here in Oz.

Tim.

I Found a .12 Rigger hull this guy makes them. I went to my local hobby store ask them were they run these boats. I met this guy, his name is Frank Bonanna. You should see his .12 rigger. Ready to run they weigh a pound and a half. His flys he was keeping up with a sg .21 rigger that had a green head cmb. the .21 was alittle faster but to see that little rigger go was awsome. Mines on order I gave him the deposit.

OK now what motor should I go with and prop?

Do it just like Frank did. I have one of his .12 riggers and it's very good. I run a Fantom .15 and a 632 prop.

Mike Byer

Rad Racer, lets get the story straight now.

my .12 rigger did not run with an eagle SG with the CMB 21 Ls.

it was an old eagle with a beat Picco 21 spinning an ABC H2 props, not a very fast 21 at all (low to mid 50s)

And! it was not me, it was a rigger I built, but not mine.

last time I will tell you this, I DO NOT OPERATE OFF BULL SH!+ HYPE!, THATS NOT MY BAG.

I built you a good boat? your happy with it? then tell that, not some god dam fish story.

Frank B.

Back