.12 Rigger Dudes....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slideblues

Hey Guy's enlighten me here........ :wacko:

Tom on the FF.12, Ron on the HH.12, Don T. your scratch built .12, etc.......

What did all you use for flywheels? Mike P. brought up a good question on another post, Which is better Aluminum, Brass, or Steel..........I want it just heavy enough for the boat to get on step.......What brand did you use and anyone got a part number? If I cant find one I like might just have Tim @ PB whittle me up one in Aluminum.

Before on the Gillmanator SAW .12 I used stuff outta a friends parts box, Dont have a clue on what the part numbers were, OS flywheel turned down and a 3/16" collet and flex with std Octura hardware, Wanna do it up right this time.

Engine is a Team Orion Wasp .12 made in Italy, He,He, Should be here today USPS ;)

Also what flex, 1/8" or 3/16" ?

Gene :D

And yes Tom, I get'n obsessive on hardware here............. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Gene,

I have the same motor and used an Aluminum flywheel and 1/8" cable with it and had no problems.

I think you should get 1 of each made and test them back to back and let us all know. :D Maybe he can do a batch and save some money I would like some as well.

If you get one made make it so the flywheel fits the collet that comes with the motor, that way it will fit most motors regardless of crankshaft size.

Mike

That's what I've been using so far (the O.S.). I had my LHS order it for me, it was cheaper in the long run. I also have some brass flywheels from CEN Racing but the groove was too narrow for me. I turned one down for more clearance in the hull. There are lots of other Manufacturers making them, look around on their sites. I think that Marty (Hammerhead) was using one from ABC Hobbies on his.

Thanks Ron,

Will do.....Just now startin to gather info on parts and stuff ;)

Hey Mike,

Same engine ? KEWL!!!! What pipe did you try out?

Also the flex hex you used for the 1/8" cable, Got a part no.?

Hmm, can't seem to remember the part #, but it's Octura 5mm threaded by 1/8. I got everything I needed from Gary Pruesse. If you make your own cables you can get enough to make 3 of them for about the cost of 1 premade.

I used the MAC pipe, going to build several more home brews as soon as the epoxy gets here.

Mike

Oh here it is

OCFH5MM13

Here is the prop shaft

OC6130PS

Thanks Mike........ that should get me goin...... :D

Mac pipe, Just happin to have one, Ha,Ha :)

Does sound interesting on the flywheel test, might call up Tim for grins and see what he could make up a couple two or three for price wise, Interested in what ya come up with on the home brew pipe also....... :ph34r:

Hey Ron,

Yeah I was at Chris site just a while ago, I like his hardware packages,

lots of cool stuff there.

Didnt Gary get you a special .12 strut rudder combo sized for the HH .12?

Was wonderin bout that package too,

Hey Tommie,

Was your turn fin from Mike Z. ?

Crap what did I do with that Octura 1938 :(

Did any youse Dudes get the V937 outta tail hop mode?

The package that Gary had Octura make up for him has aluminum brackets with BC struts and rudders. On my next one, I got some CF angle off eBay I want to try for the brackets and maybe the motor mount.

The V937 has worked pretty well for me so far with no hop. I've tried one of Mike's turn fins and it works well but I also have a bunch of the ones that Wade made for the HH .12 kit.

Ron, Ok sounds cool I'll give O'l Smoke & Mirror's a call too :D

Saw that angled CF on Ebay too, Hmmmmmm....... :rolleyes:

Dang Not2Brite dats a deal!!!! :eek:

yes i used mikes fin.... works great!

the very first time i put my ff12 in the water..... i had on the v937..... and it did hop. It was real easy to fix..... i realized i had improperly set my strut to about 3 degrees..... i put it flat and it has never hopped again with any prop.

Need an abundance of 1/8" cable, cheap? Go to your local auto salvage yard and strip out some speedometer cable.

And while yer there pick up Headers, Holley and a Highrise for the boat hauler :lol: :p

Back