12 Rigger Class Dist 3

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ek kustomz

While we are on the subject of building up classes, How about a 12 rigger class??? I know there are a few of us that have them, some of us which need to get off our rumps and finish the you know who you are (Andy) :D . I personally own 3 of them one of which I just posted for trade. These boats are cheap to build/buy about the same as the RTR boats and are rather quick as well. I can count at least 4 of them here in North central Florida. I know we have enough for a class and this would be a step up from the RTR class in my opinion at the same price. I think I have more fun with my 12 sometime than I do with any other boat. If there are any of you that would be interested in building the class for next year post it. I think you will all enjoy it!!!

Zach

I am in full support, I have one that is near finished and would love to race it. I agree, this would be another excellent step up from the RTRs in terms of speed and cost of building.

Fellas;

What needed to happen to get these classes thought about is.

According to our Distrct 3 rules, we run the class for a year as a "specialty class" to see if the turn out, interest is there.

At the end of that year, if there were enough races with said number of boats, then the class would be considered as a District high points class. (voted on)

Now, to make the above happen, the suggestion would need to be added to our district meeting agenda items, a vote by the distrct would need to be taken to see if it a viable option to add a specialty class to our race schedule, let it roll for a year and see what happens.

I don't know what the cutoff was for an item to be added to the agenda, but since Saturday is the meeting, I'd say you missed this one.

Rick

I am positive we missed the cut-off, however with ther still one more race to be held, I think it could be voted on there.

Zach

In IMPBA it's actually called "a" hydro. It's just that no one ever runs. It's been offered,.. I wasn't ready for the masters or it probably would have been run.

At least this is what I think..

I am positive we missed the cut-off, however with ther still one more race to be held, I think it could be voted on there.
Zach

I am in D4 and we have a club meeting 11/17 and I will mention it there and our district meeting is 12/1 and it again will be mentioned there also. I have run my A hydro all this season against the B hydro's and hope we can atleast have an option (If the boats are at the race (3 or more)) to have a A Hydro Class. I am pretty sure this coming season there will be atleast 3 A hydros. So maybe if our district ok's it we will have a A hydro class next season. I am considering having 2 myself just so I can let someone race it to help make the class.

Paul

Please D4 try and get a A hydro ready for next season, I know there are some that aren't raced and could be - (Terry Flynn)

Zach for this to be voted on you would have to wait till jan. meeting then if it went through from my understanding it would go in as a specality class if it makes 7 races then it would be a high points race the following year. Robert

Not to rain on everyone's parade, but how many more classes do you think we can run in a 2 day race weekend.

With this meeting on Saturday, the district is voting to run in a probation period the gas classic thunder boats, possably running sport-60 and or sport-X

We are also probably going to be adding sport-20 to next years schedule.

As of this year, there were not many races run that we were done too early on Sunday.

IE: we run till dark on Saturday and have not even been into round 3???? Making it a late evening run home.

So, are we going to install lights at our ponds to run into the night?

Just my observations, of the situation.

Rick

Not to rain on everyone's parade, but how many more classes do you think we can run in a 2 day race weekend.
With this meeting on Saturday, the district is voting to run in a probation period the gas classic thunder boats, possably running sport-60 and or sport-X

We are also probably going to be adding sport-20 to next years schedule.

As of this year, there were not many races run that we were done too early on Sunday.

IE: we run till dark on Saturday and have not even been into round 3???? Making it a late evening run home.

So, are we going to install lights at our ponds to run into the night?

Just my observations, of the situation.

Rick
That is a very thought provoking statement :D Furthermore. If someone is going to run Sport 60 why not run scale? If they want to run a 60 boat that is not scale, why not run a 60 Hydro... There are plenty around, they are just not entering races.

Is Sport x sort of like running Gas Sport Hydro? For a large sport boat the Gas Sport Hydros seem plenty fast and very exciting .... Why run Sport X Hydro when we can try to get the Twins and 90 riggers going again. There are enough boats out there BUT no one is entering them. Maybe we should focus on getting soem existing classes going again?

I know thread is about .12 riggers Sorry to hijack. :)

I agree Norm, I was very dissapointed that I could not run my 90 rigger at the last race. I also agree why not just run scale etc... The only reason I thought of intorducing a class like the 12 rigger class would be another inexpensive way to help people get into the sport therefore growing the sport. Thats why we are in this right??? We do want to see the hobby grow don't we Rick??? You seem as though you are agianst a new cheaper class for people to get into the hobby, why is that. I understand it makes for a late weekend but I TOO drive 2.5 hrs to brandon to race, anywhere else is much further. However I don't see a problem with a CHEAP class to help with the new people. I would also be down for the 90-twins getting classes again. No offense taken on the Hi-jack Norm, These are things that need to be discussed period in the district, and me not being able to make it there this makes it much easier. Hell if running all the classes in a weekend is a problem, then we can run gas one week and Nitro another, This may be difficult as I want to run both gas and nitro but I would drive the 600 miles.

I like your idea for lights Rick ;) -

I always liked night racing.

Maybe that could also be submitted for proposal ........ :rolleyes:

The "A" class boats are a blast and once people see how fast and fun that they are, the classes would grow quickly. I also see the downside that the others have mentioned. With the variety of clesses that people would like to have, most clubs would have to host 2 day races.

I think that the proble some of the are seeing, are not having enough time in to days to run all classes. I feel that things can be done more efficiently any we could fit several classes.

Zach, I think you misinterpret my writings, I am all about "growing the sport/hobbie"

Hell, I couldn't count how many folks I have introduced into this hobby, to see most of them disapear.

In my more than 20 years of model boating, I have taken my share of breaks from the hobby, but I do return.

As far as adding new classes, we keep adding new, and keep loosing others that have been a "mainstay" in our hobby in the past and we just can't get enough to show up to make a class at a race.

I have a great running 60-MONO that is a blast to drive, I got tired of racing the same 2 people for a year. How many times did that class make this year?

I know a few that have great 60 riggers and I think that class has made less than a handful of times this year

X-Hydro??? when it makes the race, it's the same 3 boats racing.

So, maybe I'm a traditionalist? And don't want to see these classes go away, but, they are on there way out!

Unless we can encourage those who have the boats for the classes we already have in place to come out and play, they will go away

So, if I sound bitter, maybe?

do I not want to see new stuff happening in our hobby, NEVER!!!!

Rick

Back