.12 MONO EXPERIMENT

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT1

hi guys! its me again wit han update!

my dad's scratch built .12 mono is running!

it has a Megatech engine and tuned pipe on it

but the only problem is it wont turn

but when it gets up to speed......................it could contend with boats in the next higher class!

i will post some pics of the finished project soon we still have a lot of kinks to work out and im doin a custom paint job ! pics should be up by the end of next week

maybe sooner.....................................

Oh sure, tease us now waiting for pix! :D I can't wait to see your project.

Does he have a turn fin on it?

ha ha ha ! yeah im just gonna make yall wait but to answer your question i havent put a turn fin on it but we dont have dregs or whatever you cal them on the bottom yet so we think that may be our problem but i cnat show yall any pics until the paintjob is finished!

ya know we havent even thought of the rudder length

thanx a lot! maybe monday we can get it running right

Well, let us know what you find out, & we are still waiting for some pictures!! LOL!! :D So hurry up with the paint!! :angry: :p :lol:

well ive got 2 .12 boats and im painting the one that we are not using right now

if the boat doesnt work right we are going to put it back into this boat

im workin on the graphics right now so ill post some pics of this boat to keep yall in suspense until i finish the other one!

pics will be on tonite!(hopefully) ;)

Well guys pics of the new boat may be delayed a while

we were testing today and on the last run the prop shaft came out and sank to the bottom of the pond prop and all :(

but we ordered some stuff and it should be here by next week

now to more important things.....................

MY BOAT IS ALMOST COMPLETE!

i have almost finished the paintjob and so far so good!

im gonna be running a trinity/picco .12 side exhaust against my dads megatech .16

ill send the results of the first race as soon as i get it together

but there is only 1 problem:

my rod had slung and now i had to order a new rod from trinity

now i have to wait 2 weeks for the rod and it should be here in a couple of days

so my stuff will be done by next weekend (hopefully)

pics of MY boat should be up tonite or tomorrow

cya guys!

JT

JT1 said:
Well guys pics of the new boat may be delayed a whilewe were testing today and on the last run the prop shaft came out and sank to the bottom of the pond prop and all :(

but we ordered some stuff and it should be here by next week

now to more important things.....................
JT, I just sent you a PM and want to see your kick Dad's tail at the pond. :D I was down in the basement for a little while working on my T/P powered mono installing a new sevo, flex cable, prop and some other odds and ends things on it.

Those Megatech's have a carb that can be touchy on its settings whereas the T/P carb has a lot of tolerance.

Well guys pics of the new boat may be delayed a whilewe were testing today and on the last run the prop shaft came out and sank to the bottom of the pond prop and all 
I had the same thing happen on my .12 rigger. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG! IT IS ALMOST READY!

I GOT THE ROD TODAY AND HAVE EVERYTHING INSTALLED BUT RADIO AND FLEX SHAFT !

PICS WILL DEFINATELY BE UP BY THIS WEEKEND AND RON

YOULL GET TO SEE THE PIC B4 ANYONE ELSE ;)

JT

You got the rod today? I just got it sent out today or was that another one?

Go ahead and share the shot with everyone!

Wade, I wasn't going to say anything about you losing 2 flex cables. Maybe Santa will take care of that little problem. :)

yeah i got the one trinity sent me i was surprised it got here so fast but ive got to finish installing the radio so maybe ill post some pics tomorrow or tonite! :D

yeah yeah, may be next week? What's wrong with posting pics of an unpaited boat?

Julius

well ive got it painted im just trying to get everything finished like putting all the hardware on and everything ok?

Back