• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 1/6th Gas Scale hull.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisHerzog

Supporting Member
(This has been sold on FB, thanks for looking)

Just putting this out there to see if there is any interest.
I started building this boat for a buddy of mine but stuff happens and that deal fell through.

The hull is built and sealed, the cowl had been cut and fitted but not mounted (I was thinking about cutting it in half because I hate long cowls). The stuffing box and strut have been installed but I’m swapping out the Speedmaster strut for the beefier Rattle Snake strut. It will come with a Speed Master rudder assembly installed as well as a 1/4” shaft. I have a choice of either the Notre Dame decal kit or the Budweiser Back up boat decal set that will come with the boat. It will also have the motor mount isolators installed. I would like to sell all the above as a complete set and deliver it to whoever at the IMPBA Gas Nats next month. This is a very well built boat, in fact I think it came out nicer than the OBoy Oberto hull I’m finishing up now. If it sells fine and if it doesn’t sell I’m ok with that as well. My plan was to finish it when I get back from the race and sell it as an ARTR painted boat at the November VooDoo race. I’m really not interested in shipping it so if you’re going to the race or you know someone going and you can work out a ride great.

Anyway, if your interested send me a PM and we can talk.

Since I’m supposed to put a price’ my bottom line is 1000.00.

I also have this listed on FB.

Attachments

• IMG_0813.jpeg
    IMG_0813.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0814.jpeg
    IMG_0814.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0377.jpeg
    IMG_0377.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0378.jpeg
    IMG_0378.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0379.jpeg
    IMG_0379.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0381.jpeg
    IMG_0381.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0383.jpeg
    IMG_0383.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0380.jpeg
    IMG_0380.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0384.jpeg
    IMG_0384.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0387.jpeg
    IMG_0387.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Rich, this cut and paste comes from the NAMBA rulebook:
section 27 (GAS)
subsection 3 (GAS SCALE HYDROPLANE)
sub-subsection c (ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS)
i) G or GX Class engines from 15 to 31 cubic centimeters.

Frank, the max cc allowed is 31cc in Impba. I don’t know about Namba. So a 29.5 or a 30.5 would work. I believe most run the 29.5 and a good one of those will get those boats moving nicely.
Rich, we were at the Gas Nats last year and my racing buddy broke his mod motor in one of the heats. He ended up putting a stock 260 in his boat and we were all blown away at how fast his boat was with a stock 260.

Rich, we were at the Gas Nats last year and my racing buddy broke his mod motor in one of the heats. He ended up putting a stock 260 in his boat and we were all blown away at how fast his boat was with a stock 260.
I mean, my Lauterbach is pretty consistently about 62 mph with a stock 26 Zen so I can see one pushing a scale along as well. Heck it would be a cheap way to keep you racing on a given weekend if you kept a stocker as a backup especially if you’re in a points series.

Latest posts

Back